Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Lovely Lady Birthday Cards - Normal Burnell Digi's


This month it is again my honor and privilege to create two birthday cards for my sweet friends in our bi-weekly card group.  It is our tradition to make cards for the birthday girl and the result is a beautiful array of original cards for her to take home.  Only handmade card artists can appreciate the happy significance of this for both giver and recipient. 


I have lately become enamored with the beautiful mystical art of Norma Burrell.  These stunning fairy digital images were purchased from her Etsy shop.  I love that I can download them immediately after I purchase them and have them ready to color with just some sizing and a quick printing on Copic compatible paper.  I  die cut these images with a Spellbinders label die which I outlined with a silver paint marker.  I had an absolutely delightful time coloring them with my Copic markers. I added a little glitz to the flowers in their hair with some sparkly peel off stickers and embellished the corner with a glittered rose. The card base and layers are from a Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge file which I sized to 5"x7" in Cricut Design Space.  I like to  die cut  matching easels to send with my cards if the recipient chooses to display them.

Girlie art makes me so happy!

Thanks for visiting
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with
        Scrapyland Challenge
        Crafting with Friends
        Inky Chicks Challenge
        The Corrosive Challenge

8 comments:

  1. These are stunning! Fabulous coloring and I love the easel die cuts too. So glad you joined us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloured cards Nancy. I love the colours you've picked to make these ladies shine ;)
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply stunning, Nancy! Your coloring is brilliant. The metallic edging really sets off these pastel gals. I am such a fan of ink that I don't do digital, but this is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Maureen. You're always so sweet and encouraging. It took me a while to warm up to the idea of digital stamps, but there are so many talented artists out there I couldn't resist. I started with Mo Manning and it took off from there. Digi's open up so many options for copic coloring. Norma Burrell has now become one of my faves, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely creation! Thank you so much for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and cute!
    Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog. Good luck!
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful elegant cards Nancy. A very elegant retro design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are so stunning!! The images are gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete