Tuesday, November 14, 2017

O' Holy Night Christmas - Lori Whitlock Pop Up Card SVG

👉 Take time to do what makes your soul happy.






Hi everyone,

I can't take much credit for the design of this beautiful Lori Whitlock SVG Pop Up Box Card because I cut out the layers on my Cricut pretty much as they were. Gluing the layers takes some precision but once I got the hang of it I made 28 of these cards in a relatively short time.  I usually change things up quite a bit with SVG's, but I loved this card just as it was. I did happen to have the perfect sentiment in my stash and I glittered things up a bit with white and gold glitter papers.  I also added rhinestones to the stars to make them shine.  This card is sparklicious in person! 

Here's my Panoply Pattern:

TECHNIQUES:
  1. Purchase and download Lori Whitlock SVG into Cricut Design Space.
  2. I didn't change the size  because 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 was the largest size for the mat.
  3. I like to change all the dotted fold lines to score lines.
  4. Be sure to attach score lines to layer before cutting!
  5. Choose paper and cut according to paper thickness.  I like to use the fabric setting on thick cardstock.
  6. Fold on score lines. Make sure card folds evenly into a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card.
  7. On this card, I didn't cut out the sentiment because I used a stamp from my stash.
  8. Align layers and glue.
  9. Use a bone folder to flatten folds.
  10. Stamp sentiment with black ink and line panel using gold leafing pen.
  11. Add embellishments and make it your own.

TOOLS:
  • Lori Whitlock Pop Up Box Card SVG
  • Bazzill navy dotted card stock
  • White glitter card stock
  • Gold glitter card stock
  • White Bristol Vellum card stock for base
  • Clear rhinestones
  • Stampabilities sentiment stamp - O Holy Night
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink
  • Krylon18kt Gold Leafing pen
  • Tombow Mono Liquid Adhesive
  • Sookwang double sided tape

TIPS:

The windows in the Bethlehem layer were very intricate and I had to do a lot of punching out with a stylus.  I chose to do a solid navy layer for the mechanism layer. (I used the contour feature in design space).  The windows aren't open all the way through, but the navy layer looks fine.

I used Sookwang tape on the tabs of the box mechanism to make it stronger.

I glued the top wise men layer to the blue panel first and then lined it up with the card base panel.  This helps everything to line up perfectly.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
   
        The Sisterhood of Crafters
        Word Art Wednesday
        316 Avenue Create Challenge
        Craft Rocket Challenge
        Do-Al(1) Kreatives
        Daisy Chain Challenge
        CropStop Blog
        Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge
        Crafty Creations Challenge
        Craftyhazelnuts Extra for November Challenge

14 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for all the tips! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Let the Sparkle Fly’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Nancy. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your art with us. I appreciate your participation SO much and hope you will join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by I just followed you as well. Love this card I am always hooked on blues .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the blue and white color combo and the beautiful Christmas scene you've created!
    I'd love for you link this up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use something from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
    You can check out the current link party here:
    http://www.cropstop.com/blog/autumn/november-challenge-link-party-34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you linked up! I hope I'll see more of your lovely creations in the gallery soon

      Delete
  5. OMG.. this is just amazing! Wonderful fold and awesome details. Love the colour combo of blue and white!
    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#11 – The first Christmas preparations)
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    *GDT* ITD’s Creative Playground


    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Do-Al(l) Kreatives!
    Marja DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and oh, so fun!! I love cards that speak to the true meaning of Christmas and the images you used are perfect for your sentiment (or maybe it is the other way around!) And the fun fold really creates a sweet little scene. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great design. Works so well. Thanks for joining us at ‘Do-Al(l) Creatives’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really beautiful card - designed, cut and folded beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful traditional nativity Christmas card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Guest Designer).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!!! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us!!!!
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Thanks you for joining with us https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/wk-20-digi-choosday-challenge.html. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete