Friday, January 19, 2018

Pieced Valentine Hearts Wall Hanging - Accuquilt Go Wonky Hearts

👉 "What the heart gives away is never gone ... It is kept in the hearts of others."

- Robin St. John



I had the most fun cutting this fun Wonky Heart pattern on my Accuquilt Go Electric Fabric Cutter.  The pieces are truly wonky and I had to hold my tongue in the right place to make sure everything came out perfectly but I love the results. This YouTube video  has excellent instructions.

I used a Valentine fabric layer cake to get this cute random pieced look. In this case, it was well worth a little extra expense to get to choose from so many darling fabrics.  I tried to pair lights with darks as much as possible, but I wasn't obsessive about it.  I really like the look of the sashing with corner stones and it sure helps keep all the blocks lined up.

I tied everything up with crisp striped binding, my absolute favorite choice for my quilts these days.  I got lots of good practice piecing these hearts and now I'm ready to make some baby and lap quilts for family and friends using some bright sunny fabrics.  Who wouldn't adore cuddling up in a fabulous quilt full of  so much love!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something beautiful.
Nancy





 


1 comment: