Friday, August 4, 2017

Riley Blake Rag Lap Quilt - Embroidered Heart Detail



A beautiful pieced embroidered heart in the corner of this lap quilt is one way I can subtly tell my recipient I love her.  This machine embroidered heart is an Anita Goodesign design and I have "signed" several of my quilts this way.  One half of the heart is applique and the other half is a beautiful filigree pattern. I like the fact that the applique blends right into my quilt..

 

If I had to choose a fabric line that I'm drawn to the most, it would have to be Riley Blake Designs.  Her bright, whimsical designs always catch my eye.


"Quilt-as-you-go" rag quilts are simple and sew up so easily, they are my first choice for quick gifts.  But lately I'm getting in the mood to do some more detailed piecing with my ever growing stash. I'm excited to embark on an anniversary trip Scandinavia soon and I'm sure I will come home inspired to do some cozy, winter quilting. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment