Monday, January 15, 2018

Forget Me Nots Fairy in Copics - Norma Burnell Digi

👉 The practice of art isn't to make a living. It's to make your soul grow.   Kurt Vonnegut


Hmmm.  What do I create for my amazingly talented artist friend for her birthday card this year?  I could be intimidated and frustrated with all my efforts, but, as it happens, I love making cards for her because she is one of my most ardent supporters.  I have presented her with some pretty feeble attempts at art for many years, and she is always gracious and complimentary about every card I give her.  

My daughter with an art degree is the same way.  I think people who create art also appreciate the time and emotion that goes into any art piece. They are the ones who cherish and display our creations with love.  I adore the handmade cards my friends make for me and I save them all. 

I don't get too upset, however, when I think my handmade masterpieces might end up in the trash of some of my less artistically inclined recipients.  They are appreciative but just not as obsessed with the creative process.  Besides, I don't make my cards to be admired...I make them because I admire the person I'm sending them to.  I do have a mental list of "card worthy" friends whom I know cherish and display my cards and they, of course, will get more of them.  (One darling friend has created a banner with them!) And it sure makes me beam with joy when a true artist gives me some props!

I used Copics to color this gorgeous Norma Burnell digi.  The floral background and oval frame are die cuts.  My embellishments are Elizabeth Crafts peel off border stickers and a few pearls for the butterflies.  The finished card measures 5" x 7". So, do you think my friend will like it? 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        The Sisterhood of Crafters
        Dragonfly Dreams Challenge
        The Corrosive Challenge
        Crafty Gals Corner Challenge
        Allsorts Challenge   

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL coloring and design Nancy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Frame It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, your design is lovely! Thanks for joining in at The Sisterhood of Crafters. ~ Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer! Your coloring and shading, especially of the face and neck, are simply amazing! So very lovely! Hope to see you before too long at Sandy's - sure have missed it and you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very pretty creation with that beautiful image for our 'No Design Papers' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, I am sure she LOVED it! Thank you for joining our 'fame it' challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSG DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous coloring of the skin! And also the rest but I really like how you've colored the skin. I find it the most difficult part to color. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at Creative Moments.

    xx Grietje DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning and absolutely a work of ART! Congrats for winning TOP SISTER!! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is just stunning, beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete