Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Conie Fong Butterfly Wishes - Digi Stamp with Copics

👉 Treasure the things about you that make you different and unique.



Hi everyone,

Etsy is a fabulous place to find digi art and I was excited to discover another amazingly talented artist. Conie Fong's images are absolutely stunning and their beautiful detail is a dream to color with my copics.  I chose this darling image for my dear creative friend's birthday card.

One of the many things I love about digi's is their flexibility. I can size them perfectly to fit any card or frame.  This lacy frame is die cut with glossy gold card stock.  My printed image is colored on Xpressit Copic blending card and then die cut with a square pierced frame.  Instead of embellishing the corner of my card with the usual cluster of paper flowers I used some almost forgotten Sue Wilson ribbon dies.  I'm happy I did, because I really like the simpler look.  It was a little sketchy gluing the bow ends to the center because they kept popping up, no matter how long I held them or what glue I used. 

My husband wandered into my craft room and when he witnessed my struggle he suggested that I use a stapler to hold the ends down.  What an ingenious idea! My Tim Holz Tiny Attacher  worked perfectly.  Doug (who worked his way though college as a florist) told me he had tons of experience stapling bows many years ago. Who knew??? Sometimes seemingly worthless bits of antiquated knowledge come in handy when you least expect it!

So I discovered two treasures I will be using enthusiastically in the future...Conie Fung digi's and bow dies.  Isn't discovering (and rediscovering) new crafty gems the best?  

And another fun revelation I happened upon...Conie Fong and I live in neighboring cities.  I like it when brilliant people live next door!

Here's what I used:

       This Conie Fong digi stamp
        Strathmore Bristol cardstock for 6 x 6 card base
        Gold glossy cardstock, black card stock, blue glitter paper
        Spellbinders Square pierced frame die
        Square lacy frame die (brand unknown, sorry)
        Sue Wilson bow die cut
        Copic markers
        Xpressit Copic blending card
        Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (Yay!!!!)
        Ribbon flower
        Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on butterflies

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:


  

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful; gorgeous coloring! ...and yes, it is so fun when those guys come wandering in with great crafting advice and we re-discover those "put away" crafting tools! ; ) Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I too love Conie Fong images and you have colored this one most beautifully! Are you member of her Facebook group? She does monthly challenges there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica. Yes, I have become a member of Conie's Facebook group. Lots of gorgeous inspiration there! I look forward to seeing your beautiful artwork often.

      Delete
  3. Your coloring is delicate and beautiful. I love the frame and the bow is perfect. Hats off to your hubby for his suggestion. We're so happy you joined us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Nancy, loving how you colored the gorgeous image!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about girls and ladies!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
    Marja DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colouring. The frame is wonderful, too.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so stunning!! The image is gorgeous and colored beautifully!! I love how you framed her!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete