Friday, September 21, 2018

Golden Anniversary Cricut Classically Modern Gatefold Card - Tiddly Inks Honeymooners Digi

  In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed.  You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.    Mr. Darcy  - 😍 Pride and Prejudice 


This adorable Tiddly Inks Honeymooners image from the July Kit and Clowder Copics Class couldn't have been more perfect  to create a fun Golden Anniversary card for my honey of fifty years.  A beautifully intricate  Cricut Design Studio  gate fold card from the Classically Modern Cards Cartridge was the perfect base to showcase these cute newlyweds riding off into the great unknown to start their new life adventure, just as my sweetheart and I did  50 years ago.  We drove from Ogden, Utah  to  Glendale, California three years after we were married and haven't left the amazing Golden State since.

Copic makers, Tiddly Inks digital image, Cricut Design Studio gatefold card (Classically Modern Cards), glossy gold cardstock, gold cording, computer generated sign

In class we learned how to create the background from scratch for this fun vintage image   I know there is a cool way to print words  directly  onto an  image in Word, but I didn't have the time nor energy to figure it out, so I just typed and sized my Doug and Nancy sign, cut it out, sponged the edges and popped it up on my card with some shallow pop dots. I'll save the technology lesson for another day.


It's amazing how fun it is to create depth and interest for a stamped image just by using a few simple copic techniques.  It takes some work, and I definitely need a lot more practice.  but I think it's well worth the learning curve!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful intricate card! Thank you for entering in the BBTB2 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a fantastic job with this image. I also take Kit and Clowders coloring class and my image did not turn out like yours! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations this challenge and hope to see you again soon! Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hubby must have been thrilled with this. love the background you have created. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you created a beautiful anniversary card for your husband! I love the gatefold card base and the image inside. Nice job! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By the Bug 2. I love your card and the gatefold is the perfect touch! Opening up to such a lovely scene. great job!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete