Sunday, March 22, 2020

Jeremiah Ketner Beautiful Butterfly Girl

Adversity is the foundation of virtue.
Japanese Proverb

Jeremiah Ketner digi, Copic markers, hot pink foil card stock. silver leafing pen,
 white gel pen, black gems

Hey there,

When Jeremiah Ketner's amazing Asian art calls to me from my digi collection,  I always answer, because I know how delightful it is to color his gorgeous detailed beauties. I've had THIS beautiful coloring page collection from his Etsy store in my digi file for a while.  Because Jeremiah's water color art is such a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors,  I like to use vivid hues and a painterly style when I  color his  images with my copics.

My friend recently picked out several pieces of foil card stock in multiple colors for me at a store near where she lives and I was thrilled to find just right color for my frame. I love how gorgeous and reflective this card stock is when embossed! I edged both my image panel and my foil panel with a silver leafing pen before I  mounted them to my card base. The image panel is attached with mounting tape for dimension.  I used a white gel pen and some faceted black gems to embellish my butterflies and flowers. 

I've been trying to remember to add sentiments to my cards because I think they are an important finishing touch.  But I never remember to leave enough space for them so I end up tucking them somewhere. I found a subtle place for this one. Subtle is good. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and use all the colors. 
Nancy
Playing along with:

7 comments:

  1. It's really lovely. you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another masterpiece, Nancy! Your coloring is just so amazing. I love that mirror cardstock in that hot pink color, how gorgeous!
    I understand the issues with sentiments. That is why I am always on the lookout for sentiment dies as they always work somewhere on a card.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Gorgeous coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful! I'm sorry I am late commenting but thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colouring fab image thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles DigiChooseday hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work in coloring this image. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Spring Fling Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TTPH

    ReplyDelete