Wednesday, July 6, 2022

July Guest Design Team Project - Conie Fong Little Blossom

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start
where you are and change the ending.  - C.S. Lewis



Hey there from Nannyland,

This month I continue to have the pleasure and privilege of creating Guest Design Team projects for Conie Fong Art.  For this project I chose this absolutely adorable image called Little Blossom.  You can find her in Conie's Etsy store HERE.  She was a joy to color in Copic shades of red and pink.

I created the tree trunk in Cricut Design Space and, since I couldn't find my white glitter paper, I cut it out in white card stock and then added sparkle with Nuvo Glitter Accents in Fresh Snowball. I love all the  beautiful glittery texture! The frame was also sized and cut with my Cricut and then edged with a gold leafing pen. I used the Cricut writing feature to  write my sentiment on an octagon shape and added a gold foil offset layer.   The blossoms are Spellbinders Mini Blooms and Sprigs,  cut out in white card stock and colored with Copic markers.  


I discovered some origami paper in my stash that matched my color scheme and added a little paper piecing to her skirt.  I used a light gray Copic marker to create soft folds. The background panel for my card is ombre DP with subtle embossed white tree branches. This was my inspiration to create a white cherry blossom tree.  I tried a dark brown trunk but decided Conie's beautiful image shows up better against a lighter background. 

Conie Fong "Little Blossom" digi, Copic markers, Spellbinders  Mini Blooms
and Sprigs, Cricut cutting and writing features, ombe DP,
Nuvo Glitter Accents, mini dragonfly die

I still have another Guest Design Team project for Conie this month and I already have a fabulous image colored and ready for a fun card design.  I'd love for you to come back and see the finished project.  I'm having such a delightful time designing with Conie's marvellous art work!

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful girly creation with a this cute image and fabulous design!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her - the origami is perfect for her skirt. Meticulous and beautiful coloring. The cherry blossom tree is a great match for the darling girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colouring of that pretty Connie Fong image, Nancy! I love your paper choice for her skirt and the cherry blossom tree is the perfect accompaniment...
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, beautiful colouring! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous Tag love the colours. Thank you for joining with us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Nancy. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is awesome. Love your tree die cut and the paper piecing looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you again.
    Ine DT
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
    owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the flowers you added. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Deanna DT Member for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely thanks for joining us at colour crazy
    Groetjes Josje dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete