Friday, December 8, 2023

Friends and Family Christmas Cards - Spellbinders October Large Die of The Month


"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime."  

 Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hey there from Nannyland,


I've been taking a much-needed break from blogging and posting on social media for the past few weeks, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying many hours in Nannyland completing my yearly Christmas cards and gifts.  I make about 30 holiday cards each year for friends and family, and while that may not sound like a lot, the work I put into them involves many blissful hours of designing, die cutting, embossing, gluing, embellishing and whatever else it takes to complete my one-of-a-kind offerings. 

This year I had a blast creating this darling Christmas Boutique card with the Spellbinders October Large Die of the Month.  I always misjudge the time and effort it will take to create the details on my card and this one was no exception.  Cutting and embellishing all the separate pieces seemed to take forever and then arranging them on my card precisely where they needed to go on the base layer proved to be a major feat.  Assembly line production is the only way for me to get through the process with the least amount of frustration.  


I was happy when I found an embossing folder for my background that looked like snow flurries.  Gold foil card stock added shine to my Noel sentiment and flower centers.  I used red and blue gems to add bling to my flowers and added a large tree from another die set (embellished with white Nuvo Drops) to add dimension to my scene.  A brown Copic marker was an easy way to color the tree trunk. The small tree is topped with a mini gold star and gem.   I really like the uniqueness of this cute house and I'm very happy with how everything went together.


I'm proud of myself for once again powering through the sometimes tedious (but always rewarding) work to create handmade cards for those I love during the holidays (and getting them out on time}. Sending snail mail love to people I don't get to see very often is one of the best things about card making.  I feel very honored that many of my recipients look forward to their yearly "limited addition" card and display them year after year.

 Now on to my hand-sewn gifts.  Sheesh! It's never ending for us crafty types.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

6 comments:

  1. I felt like you were talking about me! I make 30+ plus cards as well and put a lot of happy hours making them. Your cards are wonderful and I am sure all the recipients will just love them! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of Christmas card design this year is fabulous! I love the colors and of course, the die cut house. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate your support this year.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love the scene you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning winter scene!
    We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please do come back again!
    The very best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, brilliant project! I can't even imagine how much time it did take for you! Well, it was worth the effort!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete