Friday, October 25, 2024

Leave a Little Room for Miracles - Mariola Budek Lady Spring digi

Miracles happen to those who believe in them.   Bernard Berenson



Hey there from Nannyland,


It's still a wild ride over here with some pretty intense medical issues going on at our house, but I'm making sure I find time to relax, take deep breaths and color some beautiful inspiration for my art journals.  When it feels impossible to summon my mojo,  I just dive in and get started until the creative juices begin to flow. They have never failed me and  I love feeling like my old self again. I thank God everyday for my magnificent obsession with paper arts and quilting that allow me to escape into a bright, magical world of color and creativity. 



The lovely image I colored here is called Lady Spring from the artwork of Mariola Budek.  I usually have a color scheme in mind, but this time I just started laying down color until I liked what I saw. Instead of using soft, spring colors for the flowers I ended up going with more of a Fall palette and added lots of Spellbinders die cut blooms to add dimension and movement. 

My inspiration sentiment has meant so much to me during these stressful times. I wanted to create something I could look at as I flip through my journal pages and remember the amazing miracles and tender mercies that have lifted me up the past couple of months.  

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                              Playing along with:

No comments:

Post a Comment