Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Confetti Birthday Card - All That Bling and Paula Best, Too

“Be content with who you are and where you are, and do whatever you can do to bring to others such contentment, and joy, and understanding that you have managed to find yourself.” 
― Alexander McCall Smith, The Double Comfort Safari Club


Paula Best Stamp, copic markers, assorted rhinestones and pearls, spellbinders die, glossy gold cardstock, bow punch, yellow and black Nuvo drops, dp background, green cardstock base (6 x 6), purple cardstock, mounting tape,
 gold leafing pen
Hey friends,

I've had this Paula Best stamp for about a hundred years and have been waiting to use it on a birthday card for almost that long.  It's so delightful to color the main image and then highlight the month and day of my recipient's birthday.  But when I noticed it looked a little bare in the shimmer department, I started adding little details and, as usual, I had trouble stopping.  I'm sure no one else has a glitz addiction like I do.😁 I kept seeing little dots that wanted to shine, so I obliged them.  Before I knew it, it looked like I swept my craft room  floor and added all the tidbits from my dust pan.


No worries, though. I guess I could have taken some of my doodads off, but I realized I liked them  just where they had landed and I could tell they enjoyed living in this happy chaos.  Birthday celebrations sometimes include confetti, don't they?  You can never have too much glittery goodness at a birthday celebration!

Thanks for visiting.

Go forth and create something fabulous.

Nancy 

Playing along with:
        
        Allsorts Challenge #520/1
        Pattie's Creations Challenge #158
        Crafty Sentiments Challenge 
        Lemon Shortbread Challenge #94
        Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Let's Party
        Artistic Inspirations Challenge #215
        Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Embellishment
        Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

18 comments:

  1. A real fun and happy creation, thanks for joining in with our 10th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant image - I have one of Paula's, though mine is mainly words, and used to love her art. You really did it justice with all your little additions, but oh you made me giggle about the contents of your dustpan...I think we must all be the same when it comes to having a craft room/area filled with little 'bits'.
    Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting digi. I like all the doodads that you have added, I think it looks great.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this stamp before, I love how you coloured it, looks fab.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge 10th Birthday.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning and unique, yet adaptable, card, Sarah. It's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic card! Thank you for joining our Birthday theme at Try it on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done this stamp proud - love your colouring
    and all the 'little bits!' Thanks for joining us at
    Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has inspired me to pull out my box of Paula Best Stamps - this is so creative, Thanks so very much for joining us this tie at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great image and you've done a great job with adding all those little bits and pieces for us to find. So glad you joined our challenge at Incy Wincy, we hope to see you again soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a fabulous image and I'm glad you got to use your stamp.
    Thanks for joining our 10th Birthday Celebrations at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your glittery goodness card! This looks to be a really lovely stamp to use! Thank you so much for joining our celebrations at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card! I love the design and the jewel like colours - beautiful 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and many congratulations on making our Top 5! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card Nancy !! Absolutely gorgeous. I looove the beautiful stamp, and the so happy colours!! great design !
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card Nancy !! Absolutely gorgeous. I looove the beautiful stamp, and the so happy colours!! great design !
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOh, and congratulations to be on Top 5 at Try it on Tuesday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nancy, Congratulations on your recent Top 5 Place at Try it on Tuesday. I am on the Admin Team and wonder if you could contact me at - avril_branthwaite@hotmail.com
    Thanks, Avril x

    ReplyDelete