Friday, November 8, 2019

Autumn Magic - Normal Burnell Autumn's Wish Fairy

They are much to be pitied who have not been given a taste of nature early in life.
Jane Austen - Mansfield Park

Copic markers, Norma Burnell digi image, Elizabeth Crafts butterfly die, green card stock,
copper metallic card stock, black pearl embellishments

Hey there, 

I absolutely love the stunning detail in Norma Burnell images.  When I color them I feel the need  to  slow down and enjoy every beautiful element of  her design.  They never fail to mesmerize me and take me to a tranquil world of my own. This Autumn's Wish fairy image has no grey scale shadows, which I'm finding I prefer. It's more relaxing for me to have the freedom of creating my own shadows as I color.  It's a little trickier and more random, but this is a fairy, and with all that twinkling going on around her, who can say where her light source is. 


I chose bright, vivid colors for my woodland fairy because I love all the magical rich tones of autumn.  I mounted my focal panel on a z-fold card and found the perfect sentiment in my stamp stash for the inside.


I like the way this card stands up for display and exposes the inside panel.  I embellished it with a lacy butterfly for a little added dimension.   The images are mounted on copper matte metallic card stock to compliment the fall hues.

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and enjoy the exquisite artistry of an autumn landscape. 
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #367
        Colour Crazy Challenge #44
        Aud Sentiments Challenge #239
        Crafting with an Attitude Challenge #57
        Through the Purple Haze Challenge #161
        Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #366
        Crafting by Designs November Challenge
        Crafty Creations Challenge #401
        The Card Concept Challenge #123 - Inspired by the beautiful palette (Classy & Elegant)
        Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #246
        Try it on Tuesday Colors of Autumn

16 comments:

  1. Love your Copic coloring. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and your colouring is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring and colors. The inside is pretty magical too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is simply gorgeous, love the colours.

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a gorgeous image and your colouring is awesome! Love the card design too - so clever!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ ttph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your image is beautiful and your coloring is fantastic...awesome card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic coloring and wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare #367.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a phenomenal job shading this image. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Color My Heart Color Dare. Please come back this week and join us for another challenge. I can’t wait to see what you create!💙☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, you have done a gorgeous job here. I find your coloring so very inspiring as you are so good at it. I love all the detail you have added to her, she is so beautiful.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring is stunning!!!! Beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Concept!
    Hugs! Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work. Than you for joining the Colour Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely card.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and the best of luck with your entry!
    Greetz
    Margo DT

    ReplyDelete