Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Stephanie's Quilt - Accuquilt Go Churn Dash

My soul is fed with needle and thread. 


I managed to slip away from my frenzied holiday crafting this year to enjoy some blissful time with my second love...quilting. I stitched this lap quilt for my daughter, Stephanie, who  lives in Monterey, CA where the breeze off the magnificent Pacific ocean can get quite crisp on winter evenings. This cozy cotton quilt should provide her with a virtual hug from me and some snugly warmth  in her seaside paradise.


At approximately 54  x 72  inches, its generous size fits a twin bed.  My daughter chose a layer cake in blue shades and I contrasted it with shades of red.  I added a few leftover squares to jazz up the piecing on the back.



I almost always make striped binding for my quilts.  I love the crisp, modern look it adds to a traditional quilt.

With all the holiday madness  over, I can't wait to use my Accuquilt Go Big to die cut some new fun blocks.  My stash is calling me!.




Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create some handmade snugly love.  
Nancy


2 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous. I can so admire people who quilt!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a quilter as well as a scrapbooker. I just really need more time in the day to devote to both. Love your quilt, i'm about 2 hours away from Monterey, what a lovely spot. this quilt fits right in to what I envision for that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete