Thursday, February 6, 2020

My Punny Valentines, Part Deux - Lori Whitlock Pop Up Box Cards

If you would be loved,  love and be lovable.
Benjamin Franklin



It's that delightful time of year again when we get to unabashedly declare our love and appreciation to those we adore.  If I had the time and energy,  I would send hundreds of cards to friends, family and even some congenial acquaintances who go about their lives every day making people feel special.


Last year I purchased a couple of fantastic pop-up box card valentine bundles from Lori Whitlock's svg shop and I couldn't wait to revisit them this year to choose some new adorable punny cards.  As I did last year, I made multiples of four valentines, so I'd have some variety for the many valentines I make each year but I could also do some assembly line magic. Did I mention I LOVE Valentines Day? There are still some really darling files waiting in the que for next year. 


I uploaded my four svg cutting files into Cricut Design Space and sized them for 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 cards (when closed).  I used my cutting and writing features to print the sentiments and then die cut the file pieces on my Maker.  All the pieces fit together perfectly and, although it required a serious time commitment,  they were super easy to assemble.  Here's Lori's easy-to-follow YouTube tutorial.  I searched my stash for blingy embellishments like sequins, beads, rhinestones, washi tape, brads...anything that would add to their kitschy appeal. 


The difficult part is always deciding which card fits which recipient.  Gushy sentiments lend themselves to a variety of applications, but it comes down to the decision of deciding whether someone would rather be considered cute or cool.  I'd go with cute...but that's just me. 


Thankfully, everyone in my love orb is sorta cute, very cool and has a gigantic piece of my heart, so I think I'm covered here.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and make someone's day by sending them a heartfelt snail mail love note.
Nancy

Playing along with:


27 comments:

  1. A lovely collection of cards

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all adorable and the number you made are really impressive. I know the recipients will be thrilled to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All totally corny and I love the lot. Brilliant set of well finished cards. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are amazing!! I love all the cute cuts! thank you so much for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2. You rock! Happy Valentine's Day

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and designs.. Loving what you used for this challenge. Thanks for entering into our HEARTS challenge, and good luck in the draw and hope you join us again.
    {aNNie Designer for Double D challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute, all of them!! I especially like the pizza one!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work in our ATSM challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these are to cuuuuuute!! Love all four of your punny Valentines with their bright, cheery colors! I'm so happy you played along in the "Be Mine Valentine" challenge over on The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW these are AWESOME Nancy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so incredibly fun and cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Bitten By The Bug 2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW! What a beautiful assortment of Valentine's cards. They're all so fun and pretty! Great colors and designs! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Hearts Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous collection of cards. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these douple fold cards! Impossible to choose a favorite...they're all so awesome!
    Thanks for playing along with us this month.
    Regina DT-Member of Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. first time visiting your blog, and it is amazing. Love your V-day cards, the colors and embellishments are just icing on a beautiful set of cards. They turned out so nice. I can imagine you spent a lot of time on them, it shows! Thanks for finding us at Bitten by the Bug2 for our "valentines, Anything goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what fabulous cards! The folded design look amazing and I love the pretty colour combination, fun images and wording that you used - beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just great. Love your punny sentiments too. We are really happy you're playing at February "Who am I?" challenge at UnstampaBelles. Good luck and enjoy. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Valentine's cards. I happened to see one of your cards for Morgan's Artworld and was amazed by your coloring skills so I decided to come pay a visit. I was on Morgan's design team, many, many years ago. I loved visiting your blog and to see that you quilt also. Me too. I've been out of commission for a while now due to injuries, but I still love visiting artists. Thank you for this Sunday morning adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO SUPER CUTE!! Thanks for joining the current challenge at Bitten By The Bug. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how cool they are and what fun to see them all standing there together. Love how you use your machine for cutouts and sentiments.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every single one of these valentines are adorable in every way. Fabulous job and I know they will be enjoyed by the people who receive these cards! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous group of cards. I love that they have a uniform design but are still all unique!Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing with us in the February Anything Goes + Valentine's Day challenge over at The Paper Funday Challenges! We hope you visit us often!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, PFC DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nancy I love your collection of cards and you chose the kitty cat one to showcase on our blog challenge. Absolutely adorable. Thank you for joining SheepSki and good luck with your entry. Gail DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! What a great collection of cards. You have some lucky friends! Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great collection of cards! Love them all.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful work. Thank you for joying us over on the Get Creative Challenger Blog. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness I love love these cards. I want to be a friend lol.. Thank you for sharing and showing you can use your cricut for card making.


    Melanie Culbertson
    DT

    ReplyDelete