Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pretty Pink Petal Skirt - Julie Nutting Paper Doll

You were placed on this earth to create, not to compete. 
Robert Anthony


Hey there,

I've been dying to create another Julie Nutting paper doll because they're such fun to dress and embellish.  I was ecstatic at the thought of making a flower petal skirt for this little sweetie and I think it turned out pretty cute. I enjoy dressing these little girls so much, and since I've started adding faces to them, they're a little more my style. I like the faceless originals also, but I really prefer to see some personality looking back at me when I'm making wardrobe decisions. 

I often use beautiful designer papers for my backgrounds rather than creating originals from scratch... kinda like my cooking,  I like the process and the results of creating something imaginative; I just don't like the clean-up.   I have tons of dazzling dp in my stash just waiting to be auditioned, tempting me to skip all the painting,  stenciling and stamping hoopla and concentrate on coloring my foreground images. For this card,  I originally cut out a tag card base in Cricut Design Studio,  but I ended up cutting off the tab after the card was finished.  I decided to forego the ribbon tassels this time and go for a simpler look.  I have plans to expand my creative horizons by working on some fun mixed media backgrounds very soon.   Just like I plan to make some tasty new recipes.  It could happen.  

I had the honor of speaking at a baptism for a darling little eight-year-old girl last weekend and I think she liked this dainty little card, sort of a valentine and congratulations card combined.  She calls me "Fancy Nancy".  She melts my heart. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and play enthusiastically with some stamps you love.
Nancy

Playing along with:
Coloring in Scrapland - February Challenge
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #250 
Creations in Pink - Challenge #19
Daisy Chain Challenges - Challenge #38
Love to Scrap - Challenge # 130
Tales From the Craft Room - Challenge #2
Daring Cardmakers -  Someone or Something You Love

6 comments:

  1. This little gal is just darling! The cute flower dress is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining us in the Colouring in Scrapland challenge and good luck!
    Xx Marisol DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful and reminds me of the sweet pea flower fairy doll I had as a child. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and Creations in Pink Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card and a great design. Thank you for joining in our challenge #15 at Creativ Fusion Arts & Crafts and good luck with your entry. Your discount code from our sponsor will be emailed to you. Angela DT https://creativfusion.blogspot.com/2020/02/ch15-challenge-love-and-happiness.html

    ReplyDelete