Saturday, April 11, 2020

Lori Whitlock Shaped Card - Glittery Easter Chick


The great gift of Easter is hope.
Basil Hume


Lori Whitlock svg, floral dp, yellow glitter paper, Cricut Maker, pink glitter gem, Nuvo clear glaze

Hey there,

Nothing says Easter like a cute fuzzy (glittery) chick.  I found this adorable svg in Lori Whitlock's store and knew it would be perfect to create  cards  to wish my friends and family a Happy Easter. A little happy mail should be a welcome distraction from  the fact that the Bunny won't be filling their baskets with See's candy this year.  Some of the goodies in my baskets will  include handmade face masks and grocery store gift cards.  And that bunny better wear gloves and a mask when he's hopping around my house.  But some cozy holiday simpatico with family is better than sugar any day.  


 I used my Cricut Maker to cut the pieces for my shaped card, which measures 5 x 7 inches.  The chick is cut out of yellow glitter paper and the small features out of white card stock which I colored with my Copics.  I chose a pretty floral print dp for my card base and lined the inside with a blue card stock panel. My chick is adorned with a pretty gold metallic polka dot bow accented with a glittery pink gem. I used Nuvo clear glaze over the eye to give it shiny dimension. 



I used the Print then Cut feature in Cricut Design Space to create my border sentiment, which I edged with a gold leafing pen.  The inside sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be thankful for the blessings of Easter.
Nancy 

Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. Super cute card, loving the sparkly chick and the flowery background! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers 'Easter' challenge!
    stay safe
    hugs
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun fold Easter card! Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. A new challenge starts on Monday. Always Anything Goes with an Optional Twist. Hope you’ll link up again!
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh super cute, Nancy. I love how the chick is shaped on the edge of the card. Love the sentiment on the inside edge too, great idea.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your chick. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, I must use my Cricut more often for card making. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Easter card and love the cute sparkly chick..Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete