Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Prima Princess Birthday Card - You Sparkle

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
Auguste Bodin


Prima Princess Charlotte stamp, peel of gem stickers, white gel pen,
Spellbinders scalloped frame die, mounting tape, copic markers

Hey there,

When my sweet, thoughtful friend surprised me at our crafting group a while ago (bc=before Covid-19) with a beautiful Prima Princess Charlotte stamp, just because she knows it's "my style," I knew the best way to thank her was to create a card for her using this lovely image.  Her March birthday  presented the perfect opportunity and I planned to present it to her in person at our March group meeting.   Who knew we would all be sheltering in our homes when her birthday celebration rolled around.  So this card was sent by snail mail, stuffed with paper hugs and kisses, and a wish that we will be celebrating our delightful group birthdays together soon.

All the mandala detail seemed a little daunting at first, but with a fairly limited palette, things came together quickly.  The stamp itself is made for a 5 x 7 card, but I cut it down to accommodate my 6- inch frame.  I used subtle peel off sticker gems for blingy shine without too much bulk.  I added some extra sparkle with regular gems in the centers of the mandalas. The image panel is edged with a silver leafing pen and mounted to the scalloped frame and card base with mounting tape. 

I'm so grateful to have an artistic pursuit that keeps me happy and busy tucked inside my cozy home for now.  And I love sending happy mail to my friends who are in the same boat.  Life is full of  exciting surprises and  unexpected challenges....and ain't it grand?

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth into the next room for a Hallmark movie and a homemade cookie.
Nancy. 

Playing along with:

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am sure your friend was delighted with her card. You did a wonderful job on it. And I love your quote for today, that is so true.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/ Your princess is wonderful -great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I really like the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring and fun image.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete