Friday, May 15, 2020

Graduation Cards for My Friend - Lori Whitlock Soar and Fly

You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with 
whatever the world can throw at  you.  Brian Tracy
Lori Whitlock svg, Cricut Maker, Cricut Design Space cutting and writing features, 
swirl embossing folder for clouds, red marker for Congratulations

Hey there,

Even though I don't have graduating seniors in my family this year, I was privileged to help my dear friend who couldn't go shopping for cards for her grand nieces and nephews due to the quarantine.   It's hard to know how to do service for loved ones during this time of social distancing so I jumped at the chance to create three cards for her to send.  I was a little worried about coming up with something unique and fun that would suit both young men and women.  Lori Whitlock and my Cricut came to my rescue yet again!


I was excited to find this adorable svg in Lori Whitlock's shop.  I've made several pop-up box cards, so cutting and assembling were a cinch.  As I customized the sentiments in Cricut Design Space using the writing feature I imagined how amazing it would be to add further personalization with names, schools, etc.  I didn't know the school colors so I went with a generic red, white and blue palette, which I think works well here.


I like the way these cards turned out and was happy to see my friend's smile when I presented them to her with stamped envelopes, ready to address and send.  She used the word "charming" to describe them. I loved making her happy and now I have this fun file in Cricut Design Space just waiting to be customized for future grads.

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and use your crafty skills to do service for someone you love.
Nancy
Playing along with:

20 comments:

  1. Charming is not the word I would use. I think they are over the top fantastic. Great details and thought went into these cards. Thanks for joining our Bitten by the Bug2 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super fun graduation card, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our Anything Goes theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous design for a graduation card, so special and loving the colors too!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great style of card, with great colours and some lovely dies. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun fold card, Lori!! You've included so much detail in this wonderful graduation card! I'm sure the recipient loved it and was really appreciate getting such a great card to send! Love the great colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you used one of Lori Whitlock's designs. And you nailed it. I LOVE them and great pic with all three lined up in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love, love Lori Whitlock and her images! You definitely rocked this challenge with this awesome card! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this card is just so much fun. I love the layout and the embossed clouds. (that's one of my favorite embossing folders). So glad you shared your creative card over at Aud Sentiements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable and perfect for a graduation! Thanks for linking to the Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge site. Adorable!! Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful graduation card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath- DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card. I love this idea of the new graduates soaring into the sky. I always tell my daughter that the sky's the limit! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great that you could help like this, Nancy. I love your cards. The 3D element makes them be able to also be a decor item for a bit. Great job!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lori Whitlock cards and this is super cute!! Just love it! Thanks for entering at BBTB2!! DT Connie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an adorable card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2 for the Graduation challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what fun! you did a great job and I am sure your friend and her relatives will appreciate them. Thank you so much for sharing your project over at Bitten By the Bug 2. We would love to see your fantastic work again.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this card including the scrolls on the clouds and how the one floats above the banner. Since both my husband and son fly, I will using this idea for a card. Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a super graduation card Nancy, Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an adorable graduation card that could be used for any graduate. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, they are Charming. So sad the kids cannot Graduate as per normal. However, these cards will make their day. Thanks for sharing your amazing creations with us for Unstampabelles May challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete