Thursday, June 3, 2021

You are Unique - Janna Prosvirina Flip Card

Creativity is a wild mind and a disciplined eye.   Dorothy Parker


Janna Prosvirina digi, Copic markers, green and clear gems, white gel pen, silver leafing pen,
green glitter card stock, silver foil card stock, magenta card stock, Cricut Design Space cutting
and design features, iridescent peel off stickers, Jane Davenport sentiment and star dies  

Hey there,

I was beyond thrilled to get a brand new shiny computer for my birthday last week, but HOLY MOLY...downloading a humungous amount of data from a prehistoric computer (apparently the "flip phone" of the breed) has been a monumental task, even when done by a competent professional.  It's been almost a week and I still don't have everything running smoothly, but ultimately I know I will be ecstatic with my updated, state of the art technology.

In the meantime,  I managed to figure out how to edit my card in my newfangled Photo Shop Elements program and upload it to my blog. It's like finding some favorite "old friends" on a twisted path in the dark.  Now I can't wait to find some time to relax and create in my happy place.

This glamorous grayscale Janna Prosvirina digital stamp is colored with Copic markers with a few Prismacolor details.  I used pastel colors for her hair which is uncharacteristic for me and was a little challenging. But it's always good to try something new, right?  I lined my card panels with a silver leafing pen and added a few gems to the necklace, the panel corners and the stars.  The silver foil card stock sentiment and stars were created with Jane Davenport dies.   I added further decoration to the  necklace and the back panel with iridescent peel off stickers. 





I loved creating the flip card base for this card in Cricut Design Space.  I chose a layered frame from the Cricut library, did some simple math, and manipulated the square shape with some added score lines and, hallelujah, a fabulous flip card was born.  Once I got the knack,  I made several in different shapes and sizes.  I'm obsessed with all the incredible features in Design Space.  It's worth taking time to conquer the learning curve because the sky's the limit for what you can accomplish. 

It's good to be back in the game.  I feel so happening!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and challenge yourself to learn a new crafty skill.
Nancy
Playing along with:

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant project, superb colouring skills !

    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at
    Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Debbie
    TTCRD DT
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, she look so gentle and coloured beautifully...

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is just amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Joy CT
    JoyWilsonInk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly stunning. I love that image. Great work.
    Thank you for entering your lovely project in Morgan's ArtWorld. Good Luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx - http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete