Thursday, November 18, 2021

Sweater Weather - Conie Fong Christmas Carole Digi

The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise.  
It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.

Abbey Montago


Conie Fong digi, digital paper, Cricut cutting and writing features, silver leafing pen,
irredescent snow flakes, clear gems, Copic markers, white gel pen

  Hey there from Nannyland,

Sweater weather has arrived in my beautiful desert town (some days actually don't reach 70 degrees!) and I can't get enough of the cool crisp air. Last year I actually witnessed a few flakes of snow so I'm looking forward to a repeat of that delightful spectacle. I grew up with chilly snowy winters and then moved to LA when I was in my early twenties, so snow that drifts down slowly and then melts when it reaches the ground is just my style.  

I colored this darling Conie Fong image with my favorite shades of Copc markers.  I've been obsessed with digital paper lately and I used several different designs on this card.  The plaid background and the dotty blue sky where both downloads from Etsy which I printed on my computer.  But my all time favoriate paper is the red knit print I used to paper piece her sweater. So much easier and more realistic than trying to create a pattern with my markers.  All it needed was a  little gray marker to give it depth.   

I created the white twig wreath in Cricut Design Space, cutting four of the same shape and gluing them together for dimension.  The Sweater Weather tag was also created in Design Space using the cutting and writing features.   The irredescent blue snowflakes are embellished with clear gems and look very shimmery in person.  I edged the plaid background panel and the sentiment tag with a silver leafing pen.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

17 comments:

  1. A pretty image, beautifully coloured and a lovely design. Thank you for playing along with our Challenges at Sweet Stampin' and Fab'n' Funky- it's a perfect fit for both themes.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the coloring on this is stunning! Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours in this are beautiful and your colouring is amazing. Please enter The CD Sunday Plus Challenge - this fortnight’s challenge ends Saturday at 1pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you found us and entered the challenge.
      Pamela
      CD Sunday DT.

      Delete
    2. So pleased you found us and entered the challenge.
      Pamela
      CD Sunday DT.

      Delete
    3. So pleased you found us and entered the challenge.
      Pamela
      CD Sunday DT.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful card . Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CCC Digi Creations
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so beautifully colored!!! Well done. I love it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love that you have used the colours in the backing paper to colour the main image which is beautifully done. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful chrsitmas card, beautifully coloured the image is prefect with the backing paper
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waouh ! Carte vraiment magnifique.
    Bises.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waouh ! Carte vraiment magnifique.
    Bises.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring is perfect! Thank you for playing along at The Unicorn Challenge. Go oud luck with your entry.

    Greetings Marga dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card and Beautifully coloured
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely beautiful image and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card and beautiful image. Thank you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete