Friday, November 26, 2021

Peace , Love, Joy - Grazia Salvo Women of Flowers Christmas Card

 Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me. 


Grazia Salvo digi, Copic markers, black and green glitter card stock, white heavy cardstock, 
 green gems, gold leafing pen, Cricut Maker, Cricut Design Space cutting and writing features

Hey there from Nannyland,

I hope your Thanksgiving was as blessed as mine was and you're energized for a delightful, giving holiday season.  I chose this Grazia Salvo Women of Flowers beauty for a holiday card because I think she looks like she is dressed for a festive Christmas party in her elegant dress.  Coloring the lace on her frilly frock with my Copics was a little daunting but I managed to fill in some of the fine detail with Prismacolors. This was one of those cards that didn't come together right  away and I ended up frustrated trying to frame her.  It always helps me to put my image aside and pick it up again the next day with fresh new eyes.  


After giving my mind a breather, I happened upon a card base I had created in Cricut Design Space for another card and I was elated that it fit her perfectly.  I changed the sentiment with the Cricut writing feature and cut the base, panels and frame out with my chosen cardstock.  I also found a pretty, layered poinsettia in the Cricut library and sized it to fit perfectly.  I printed it out on white card stock and colored it with the same Copic reds I used for the flowers in  her hair for a perfect match. I shaped the petal layers with a ball stylus and glued them together, then added some gems to the center.  I lined my black glitter panels and the sentiment with a gold leafing pen.

Sometimes the creative process takes patiences and persistence, but it's so rewarding when things come together in the end.   Creativity is a master class in life skills, as all crafters know. That's why we're such mirthful people!

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

I'm playing along with Challenge 164 at The Card Concept because I love this gorgeous Christmas inspiration photo with the rich reds, greens, blacks and browns.  I chose traditional red and green, with some bold black for contrast  I used their classy and elegant style concept. 

Also playing along with:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with a wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is just amazing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Your coloring is truly amazing! And I love the way you ended up framing her. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is stunning! This card has real wow factor! So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stunning image. Your coloring is amazing. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments, Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete