Friday, December 3, 2021

Stacked Gifts Christmas Card - Anna Griffin Slimline Dies

 I love the rebelliousness of snail mail, and I love anything that can arrive with a postage stamp.  There's something about that person's breath and hands on the letter.   Diane Lane


Anna Griffin Gifts slimline die, slimline frame die,
 Cricut Design Studio tag, assorted gems, digital paper

Hey there from Nannyland,

Have you spent countless hours every holiday season creating special handmade cards for your family and friends?  Then maybe you can relate to my decision (however flawed) that I would quietly ease out of this custom, starting this year.  Since I've observed that few people send snail mail Christmas cards anymore, I was sure no one would notice if my card didn't appear as usual in their mailbox. My guilt was assuaged by the fact that I would have more time to make handsewn gifts for my tribe. Imagine my chagrin when one of my friends told me she was putting away her Thanksgiving cards to make room for a very special Christmas card she knew she would be receiving from a "certain someone."  Then some of my other yearly recipients expressed excitement over receiving yet another of my "limited edition" holiday cards, which they hang on string as a banner for decorations. Apparently, we cardmakers accumulate some devoted "card groupies" over the years! Who knew? 



So, in a panic, I reconsidered my scrooge-like decision and scrambled to design a card that I could assemble quickly.  I found this stylish slimline stacked-gifts die from Anna Griffin and it turned out to be a happy solution to my frenzied meltdown. I used several digital Christmas prints for the die cut gifts and added fussy cut embossed silver bows.  I created the tag in Cricut Design Space and attached it with silver thread to one of my gifts. Coordinating gems added some holiday sparkle. The silver base panel is a stitched slimline die.  A couple of intense cutting and gluing days later I had twenty cards ready to send to my card-worthy tribe. I still have more to do, but I feel so satisfied that I decided to keep my card making ritual. What was I thinking?  Some Christmas traditions are meant to stay.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:
                                                                       QKR Stampede Challenge #433

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Some fun cards and some hectic days later, Voila, here you have some one of a kind fantastic, Nancy-expressive cards! What were you thinking? Not making Christmas cards? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/12/frantic-stamper-in-december-could.html for our Challenge of Winter/Christmas project with an optional twist to make a shaped Winter/Christmas Card.

      Delete
  3. Oh, very lovely! I have given up lots of traditions over the years but sending Christmas cards via snail mail is one I won't give up...or at least not in the forseeable future. I love sending and receiving handwritten letters and cards. Thanks for entering your lovely project in the challenge at The Paper Funday. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    What fabulous Christmas cards.
    Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at CRAFT challenge -theme being Christmas Present.
    Https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com
    I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
    With kind regards
    Sue CRAFT DT
    Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these have come together beautifully. I love the design and vibrancy.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete