Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Two Quilts and a Little Eye Surgery

 We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

 


Hey there from Nannyland,

Some people love to keep their holiday decorations up until after New Years Day and beyond, so they can  keep the magic of the season alive.  Some prefer to put things away to make room for the shiny new year.  I lean toward the latter.  To the shock and horror of some of my friends, my Christmas decorations are already neatly boxed and put away, and my home is its cozy, Hallmark-less self again.  This year I have another reason for efficiently putting things in order.  I will be having eye surgery for a macular pucker in a few days and will have to have a little restful time to recover.   



I had cataract surgery a few months ago and was happy to find that I could see well enough after each surgery to do some crafting (a few minutes at a time.)  I recently got two quilts back from the quilter and I will be thrilled if I can quietly bind them during my convalescence. Fingers crossed...we'll see how that goes.  This quilt block is called Chimney Sweep and I used an Accuquilt Go die to cut the block shapes, sashing and corner stones.  The fabric is Lori Holtz from Riley Blake. 



I used a Benartex jelly roll to create this colorful fruit patterned quilt.   It's part of a huge stash of jelly rolls I've been trying shrink. 
 


I'll let you know if the "binding with one good eye" thing works out.  If so, I'll happily have two finished quilts to post in a couple of weeks!  And  I'll start the new year viewing the world in a whole new light...literally.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment