Thursday, June 9, 2022

Father's Day Z-Fold - Cricut Design Space Lighthouse Scene

 Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. 




Hey there from Nannyland, 

It seems like most of the cards I make for my hubby are beachy. Maybe it's because I can use pretty, bright colors and still claim they are masculine, but I think the real reason is we have created some of our most treasured memories at the sea shore.  We were just youngsters when we moved from Utah to Los Angeles at twenty three and had only been married three years.  That is when the magic began.  We rode our bikes every weekend through Venus Beach to Santa Monica Pier when it was a "bikes only" path.  After six years of sunny bliss we moved to San Jose and spent many halcyon beach days in Capitola, Santa Cruz and Monterey.  We still gravitate to the gorgeous beaches in Monterey, Carmel and Pacific Grove, where my daughter lives, and make yearly trips to Hawaii.   I can almost feel the misty sea breeze on my face when I imagine walking on the warm sandy banks. 



I found lots of nautical images in the Cricut Design Space library to create this ocean scene on my favorite  z-fold card base.  I chose a lighthouse, palm trees, waves and clouds to populate my panels and cut them out on white card stock so I could color them with Copic markers.  I sized them to fit my card base and made sure my sun was large enough to accomodate my Cricut generated sentiment.   


Brown pearls were added to mimic coconuts and a white gel pen formed some foam on the waves. I layered the palm leaves to add extra fullness to my trees. I kept the other images flat for easier mailing. 

Cricut Design Space cutting and writing features, brown pearl gems, 
silver leafing pen, white gel pen, Copic markers


I created an additional card to send to a friend who is having cancer surgery this week.  A change in the sentiment was all this card needed to make a cheery card for our beach-loving buddy. 

  

16 comments:

  1. Marvelous Z-fold card and just right for the theme! Thank you for joining the Sea, Sun & Sand challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully designed Z-fold card, love all the themed elements. Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I am always impressed by fancy folds and cricut work, too...you are a master! I am sure both men will absolutely love their card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous design to your masculine card, many thanks for joining in with this weeks theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card and you've inspired me to turn on my Cricut and find something Motorcycle related for my dear hubs. Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Paper Funday Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone's talent!
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, you've incorporated the beach scene so well into the fancy fold design. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Father's Day card!! Love the fancy folds!! Thanks for play along with our "on the water" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Summer Days” challenge this month. Arlene, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card, I love the Z fold, fun of summer design and colours. Wonderful for a Father's Day card. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scene. And perfect for the man who loves the beach or ocean. This is a lovely father's day card, and perfect for our Masculine challenge at Try It On Tuesday. Thanks for joining us. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great design and scene you created. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH WOW ... this is absolutely AWESOME! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved reading about your life by the coast and this surely is the most obvious choice of theme to send your hubby! I love the card design and it's totally appropriate for your friend too! Thanks so much for joining us at Try Out On Tuesday, hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing summer scene you've created. It's so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Card. Love all the parts. Thanks for playing along with Crafts Galore Encore Anything goes Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete