Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Fall in Love With Autumn - Mo Manning Harvest Mercy

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
Anne of Green Gables



Hey there from Nannyland,

I agree with Anne Shirley of Green Gables, Octobers are magical!  The mountains around me are starting to take on lovely rich fall hues and there's even a little snow the tops!  The air is crisp and the sky is an expanse of clear blue, just like the one that cute little Mercy is enjoying as she carries her basket of apples across an autumn orchard. 

 I began coloring this little beauty from Mo's Digital Pencil with neutral, pilgrim-ish colors, but my Copics went in another direction, and before I knew it I had a bright primary thing going on.  Oh well, I think the bright shades harmonize with the rich reds, oranges, yellows and browns of the changing leaves very well.  I fussy cut Mercy and adhered her to a fall digi scenic background.  I used white Tattered Lace nesting die cuts to frame her and glued the panel to a subtle striped dp background.  I added polka dots to her skirt with a white gel pen for a little pizazz. 


Mo Manning Harvest Mercy digi, Copic markers,
Tattered Lace nested frame die, white gel pen, striped
dp, digital autumn background

14 comments:

  1. A beautifully coloured Autumnal image, perfect for our Autumn theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, I missed your links to Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping so popped back to thank you for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may not have been your original choice of colours but they've worked beautifully.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous colouring of this sweet image. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the air was a little crisper here. Nothing but rain and the odd thunder storm. I love the card but especially the polka dot touch.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty love the image and the vibrant Autumnal colours thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colouring, adorable card.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty image and coloring; I love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colouring. Stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, lovely autumn colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great colouring on this image. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the colors for your image and such a great job coloring! Very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. Smiles, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful coloring on this cute little girl image. Love the colors and the brightness.
    Thanks for joining us at Intaas Happy Fall Y'all Challenge.
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly I would like to apologise for not commenting sooner. We can all blame CoVid. I'm glad I did manage to get here now to see this beautifully coloured Mo image. It's gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Stamping Sensations with this pretty card last month. Hugs, Lesley
    and btw, did you know that Mo Manning has a Facebook Clubhouse for you to showcase your creations made with her images? It's easy to become a member. Just click HERE https://www.facebook.com/groups/mosclub/

    ReplyDelete