Friday, January 13, 2023

You Are Awesome to the Core - Zan Von Zed Digital Stamp

 Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.
Mother Teresa



Hey there from Nannyland,

Every now and then,  I just have to take time out from coloring my favorite dewy-eyed angelic images  and choose one that's equally gorgeous, but a little offbeat.  One of my all-time fave digi artists is the talented Zan Von Zed.  Her medieval images with their engagingly prominent features always draw me in.  As I color, I like to imagine my beautiful damsel as a regal princess, wandering the halls of a medieval castle or stepping down an exotic magical garden path.  

I created this Valentine card for a friend who appreciates the fusion of art and history as much as I do.  Zan Von Zed creates romantic images in a historical style and the detail on their vintage clothing is exquisite.  I used Copic markers to color this elegant lady and added detail with a white gel pen and Staedtler triplus fineliners.  Small white pearls adorn her cuffs, multiple gold gems trim her collar and a single red gem accessorizes her belt.    I added shine to the apple with Glossy Accents.  I created the swirly gold frame in Cricut Design Space and embellished the heart in the corner with a large red gem.  I used the Cricut writing feature for the layered sentiment tag.  The water color background is digital paper from my very efficient and much-used digi library. 

If your mojo needs a little spark like mine does occasionally, I hope I have encouraged you to step out of your comfort zone and create something that's a little off your beaten path.  There are so many unique and wonderful choices out there!

9 comments:

  1. This is so colourful and well done. A lovely card.
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful image with amazing colouring. I like the tiny pearls on the cuffs.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so creatively beautiful!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally unique and gorgeous coloring!!! So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such amazing colouring. A beautiful card and a great sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Nancy. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Wendy CT

    ReplyDelete
  7. An unusual card Pam - beautifully created.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a unique image! And you colored id so beautifully! Great card!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really striking image, beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete