Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Conie Fong January Design Team Project #1 - Penguin Bundle of Love Box Card



Valentine's Day is precisely what the spirit needs.  It is hot chocolate for the soul.
It is a bright splash of color on a stark white canvas.
The day reminds us to reaffirm our love, or perhaps to give voice
 to that which has remained unsaid.    Dorothy Denneen Volo


 
Hey there from Nannyland,

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday season, as I did, and are getting excited to create some heartfelt cards  full of mushy sentiments to express your devotion to your tribe on Valentines day.  I enjoy switching gears and creating all things love-related when the holiday season winds down. When I lived in California, it never occured to me to  put a wintery bundled-up penguin on a Valentine card.  But now that I live in a cooler climate,  it makes sense that penguins and snowmen should still hang around in the chilly, snowy months of February and March to help us celebrate the season of l'amour.   

Conie Fong Penguin Bundle of Love digi, Copic markers, Lori Whitlock card base,Cricut Maker,
pink heart gems, glitter heart acrylic stickers, white gel pen, stitched die for snow, patterned paper


I can't imagine a cuter messenger of love than this little "Penguin Bundle of Love" digital stamp from Conie Fong.  You can find her/him in Conie Fong's Etsy shop here.  After I  colored her with Copic markers,  I fussy cut her and adhered her to the front panel of my pop-up box card.  The Z-fold base is a Lori Whitlock svg that I have saved in Cricut Design Space and have used many times to make Valentine cards.  The cute pop-up hearts in the middle sparkle with pink gems and glitter sticker hearts. I covered my card panels with coordinating patterned paper and used the writing feature in Cricut Design Space to create the sentiment tags. I die cut a stitched die to create the dimension for the snow on the bottom panels and lined each panel with a silver leafing pen.  I used a white gel pen to add dots to the hearts and a green fine liner to create the stripes on the large heart. 

I'll be using  more of Conie's incredible images for my Valentine's cards this year.  You will find tons of them in Conie's Etsy Shop here.  I would love for you to stop by and see what else I've created. I hope I have inspired you to incorporate some cute winter images into your Valentine cards this year. 

11 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful, as you say just what we need, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design of the card. The coloring is gorgeous.Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little penguin has the cutest dress on and with an armful of hearts to share, she can't go wrong. Thanks for sharing your animal with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe's Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love that crocheted dress! Cutest penguin ever! So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge this month with your Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and super fun! Thanks for joining in our January challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a cute card, That penguin is adorable. Great coloring. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card design as well as the cheerful nature of the sentiment .The bright colouring and cute penguin put a smile on my face so thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and that's such a cute penguin. Love all the little extras you added.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy I love your Z fold card and the image you chose. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Gail CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete