Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Dreaming Tree Anniversary Card

A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal. 

 


Hey there from Nannyland, 

On the list of life's most momentous occasions, a 50th Wedding Anniversary has to be right up there among the most notable.  My husband and I will celebrate our 55th this year and are thrilled to be among the blessed 5% who reach the 50-year milestone.  Our dear friends are planning to celebrate their 50th next month by taking a sentimental trip to the California beach city where their marriage saga began. We were lucky to join in the merriment on their actual anniversary in December by cooking them a special dinner and gifting them a handmade quilt for their RV. (I'll post the quilt in a future post.)  

I knew this Dreaming Tree SVG would be perfect for a special Anniversary card.  The elegant couple are originally cut as silhouettes but I summoned up the courage to draw faces on them and I'm happy with my attempt.  I won't win any art awards, but both of the recipients are artists themselves,  so I knew they would appreciate my effort.  I paper pieced the wedding dress with gold and white glittered cardstock and found some marblish looking paper for the garden wall. I chose moon and sky digital papers for the background in my digi library.  The leftover flowers were colored with Copics, embellished with gems  and attached to the tree. I also added mini flowers with  pearl accents to my lady's dress and hair, and some tiny dots of white Nuvo Drops to her sleeve.   



The inside of the card cuts a circle and frame to add a photo.  I printed the sentiment in Cricut Design Space.



The original dies look beautiful with just the silhouettes if drawing faces isn't your thing.

Our friends loved their card and appreciated the effort that went into creating it.  I hope this inspires you to use your die cuts in new ways and create something unique for a special occasion.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

5 comments:

  1. Nancy, it's beautiful. I'm sure the couple will treasure it! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress. I love the entire scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this card at split Coast Stampers! I thought it was so beautiful that I wanted to come and take a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Nancy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creationin the Anything Goes challenge at The Crafter's Cafe

    ReplyDelete