Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Kit and Clowder Pencil Class - Every Day is a Gift

Don't be a cotton-headed ninny muggin.
Buddy the Elf



Hey there from Nannyland,

I guess I'm what the paper crafting community calls a "Copic Colorist." Cards with intricate die cuts are also some of my faves, but I usually end up adding Copic touches for detail.  So now I have decided to step out of my little Copic bubble and add pencil coloring to my artistic repertoire.   And guess what!  I absolutely love it.  It takes much more time and patience, but I remember learning to color with Copics also used up a bunch of my brain cells in the beginning.  

I was excited to pull the November 2017 pencil class out of my Kit and Clowder library and give this beautiful Christmas image a go. Alyce Keegan is the Copics and pencils instructor at Kit and Clowder and she has taught me so much over the years...mostly to have confidence and just follow my coloring bliss.  I found the blending on this darling girl easier than some of the images I've colored in the past, so I'm very excited to continue my pencil odyssey.

I sized the lacy background frame in Cricut Design Studio and created the tag with the cutting and writing feature.  The snowy background is digital paper I printed on my inkjet printer.  I lined my panels with a gold leafing pen and added details to my image with a white gel pen...two of my cardmaking staples. I used a little Glossy Accents on my pears to add some shine and make them stand out.  I added sparkly pink gems and a glitter enamel heart for my finishing touches.  

I love how she turned out and I'm proud of myself for being patient and sticking to it, even though my skills have a long way to go. It's kinda thrilling to rev up my artistic juices and embark on a new creative journey.  I hope I have encouraged you to do the same.   
 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring. Exploring new avenues is certainly a learning experience, but well worth it. So glad you could join us this month at Die Cut Divas for some die cutting and Winter or Christmas themed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely stunning, purple is my favorite color so this card checks all my boxes! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning card and coloring!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card-the coloring is just amazing! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers...gorgeous coloring!! Way to go shopping your stash!! That topiary that she is holding is prefect for our Holly & Ivy challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! #SOS485

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful. Thanks for joining the challenge of Morgans Artworld. Hope to see you again. Greetings Helma DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire anyone with the patience for colouring and this is gorgeous. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made a beautiful creation. Thank you for participating in the challenge of Morgan's Artworld. Greetings Helma DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete