Thursday, May 18, 2023

Kit and Clowder June 2022 Marker Class - Krista Smith Wispy

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. 



Hey there from Nannyland,

It's hard to believe I haven't sat down at my desk with my rainbow of copic markers in front of me and played  for almost two months now. It's been delightful re-entering the invigorating world of  paper crafting  by choosing a marker palette and following along on my computer with some past Kit and Clowder classes.  I'm seriously behind, and it's been the perfect way to jump start my creative juices.  Watching Alyce Keegan work her marker magic and learning some new techniques while practicing some older ones is pure bliss.  This Krista Smith "wispy" image reminded me of how much a love coloring darling girly images and zhuzhing them up with sparkly embellishments and lacy frames.

As usual, I found a beautiful intricate frame die to showcase my pretty image and added opalescent aqua gems to embellish it.  I added digital galaxy paper to the center of my frame and edged it with a silver leafing pen.  I created the sentiment in Cricut Design Space with the cutting and writing features and added three clear gems and a silver offset layer. I added sparkle to my fairy wings and the stars in the background with Stickles.  The dots on my fairy's dress and the details on her crinoline petticoat were made with a white gel pen. 

Dusting off and resuming my Kit and Clowder classes, both marker and pencil, has turned out to be just what I needed to stimulate my creative imagination.  With the image and the color palette already chosen for me, I can just relax and go with the flow. Pure Nannyland joy. 

4 comments:

  1. Wowzers! Your coloring on this sweet "wispy" fairy is amazing! I have this image from loooong ago and really enjoyed it, so it's wonderful to see someone using it on a creation again! I have done Kit and Clowder classes and I'm so far behind myself, but they sure help out so much! Glad you enjoyed coloring to make this gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Monthly challenge and hope you can join again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Fairy and The Unicorn. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card. So colourful!
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete