Friday, May 26, 2023

Crazy Quilt in Not-So-Crazy Colors - Accuquilt Go BOB

 Strength doesn't come from what you can do.  
It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.




Hey there from Nannyland,

I'm still doing a little more quilting than card making these days because sewing seems to require less brain power and I gets me to my happy place quicker, without much artistic effort. And the repetitive motion is so calming. Quilts definitely use the creative side of my brain but I've been working with Accuquilt Block-on-Board dies so I can efficiently cut my fabric on my Accuquilt Go Big without all the measuring and math. Following the easy assembly directions is fun and there is plenty of opportunity for chain piecing in this block.  It's always so satisfying to put together a fabulous quilt that looks complicated and time consuming, but was done in a flash. 


I've always pictured crazy quilts in bright colors like this one I made a couple of years ago, but I decided to take a chance with a minimal color palette when I saw a similar quilt on Pinterest.  I knew I had tons of yellow, black and white prints in my stash that I had bought on sale several years ago and I was happy to bust them out for this quilt. 


Since yellow has long been one of my favorite colors and I like high contrast, I was delighted with the way this came together.  It has a crisp, modern feel, unlike many of the quilts I make with the bright floral thirties reproduction fabrics I love so much. 


I have a friend who I know would love this, but it has yellow in it...so it might have to live with me for a little while longer...or forever.  

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment