Friday, January 19, 2024

Affirmation Journal Page - Moonstone Ink Designs Digi in Copics

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when
 the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty
 is revealed only if there is light from within.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


Hey there from Nannyland,


I didn't anticipate how fun and relaxing it would be to create art journals using my favorite digi images, but I have to say, I'm really getting into it. I recently discovered Moonstone Ink Designs on Etsy and I'm blown away by the gorgeous digital art in their store.  This beautifully detailed image comes from the Little Flower Fairies collection and prints out in light grayscale.  I used a Ranger Dylusions Creative Dyary for what will hereafter be referred to as my "Affirmation Journal." I  have a ton of ideas rolling around in my head for other journal themes and can't wait to see where they take me. I found a painterly background in an old scrapbook pad with beautiful gold lettering and was thrilled that it covered up the weekly calendar page in my journal perfectly.  The butterfly embellishment is one I created ages ago with an Elizabeth Crafts peel off sticker and microfine glitter.  All it needed was some bead swirls for a fancy flight pattern. 



I colored my image with Copics on Xpressit Blending Card and fussy cut her to fit my 5" x 8" journal page. The square shape needed a little help fitting into a rectangle space, so instead of my usual full frame, I added gold foil corners cut from a Spellbinders die and embellished them with clear gems.  Colored gems were also adhered to the flowers on her dress and a Spellbinders flower was added to her hair.  Colored foil sequins were sprinkled in the background to fill the remaining space and coordinate with the gold confetti look on the opposite page.  

I'm amazed at how much I enjoy creating journal pages after doing mainly cards for so many years.  I love the added design real-estate and the idea that I will be able to preserve my artwork in a more personal way. 

I  hope I have inspired you to branch out and create your art in new and different ways.  It's very energizing and full of new opportunities and challenges.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring on this beautiful journal page Nancy! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. I think art journals are so stinkin' cool, and they are so much fun to make. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. I hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great design, Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Addicts Challenge.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Truly a stunning work of art. I am overwhelmed by your coloring. It's so perfect. And a wonderful journal page. I can really feel that you enjoy creating journal pages.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful project with the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning coloring and a beautiful project. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring! I love all your details and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at TTTC!

    ReplyDelete