Friday, September 27, 2024

Julia Spiri Happy Fairy Journal Page - A Joyful Heart is Good Medicine

“Laughter is like taking a good medicine.” Every day you need to take your medicine. Find something that makes you laugh. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


If you need a warm smile to cheer you up, Julia Spiri's beautiful images are sure to make that happen.  I've discovered the more I laugh and grin, the better I feel, no matter what challenges life sends my way.  This darling girl is called Happy Fairy and you can find her in Julia's shop here. Just look at her adorable dimpled smile and those twinkling eyes.   Could she be any more adorable?  

I love making journal pages that immediately give me a lift as I flip through them.  I challenge you to try and keep from smiling when you look at Julia's magical artwork.  I have a dear friend who is going through a difficult health challenge and I plan to make a card with this image and use the same bible quote from Proverbs: 17:22.


I used a Ranger Dylusion Journal page for this entry and mounted my Copic-colored image to a white Spellbinders die cut frame. I used the same frame layers to create the label for the opposite page.  I created the scripture quote in Cricut Design Space using the writing feature.  I try to keep everything as flat as I can on my pages for obvious reasons, so my pretty Spellbinders flowers are perfect for her luscious locks and as low profile frame embellishments.   Her sparkly jewelry is studded with small gems. 

This little "fae" has cheered me up many times as I flip through my journal, reminding me that healing comes from a happy, blythe spirit. In fact, I think she said her name was Blythe.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment