Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Class-y Tuesday - Adventures in Grey


                                   

I'm definitely a fan of color in all its vibrant hues, but I have to admit, sometimes neutrals can be stunning, too.  I created these cards in a Susan Porter class and I was amazed at how the varied forms of texture we used added so much interest to this subtle pallet. Doesn't the silver floral die cut panel in the background of this card reflect the light beautifully?


I don't use my detailed  stamps as often as I'd like because I have trouble deciding how to color them. One really good answer to this dilemma is to stamp them in a neutral color.  The intricate design takes center stage without a lot of work on my part. The texture in this card is enhanced by the embossed and sanded background and the variety of pretty layered flowers.


These die cut flowers are fun to sponge or water color, but I think they look beautiful left white and layered on this grey patterned paper.  Pearl accents add to a sophisticated look.  I think both people and cards look elegant in neutrals and pearls.  Why not dress up some of your cards with classy fanciness?  

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment