Saturday, June 10, 2017

Cheery Rag Quilt and Card - For My Sweet Friend's Little One


These fun rag quilts are my answer to being machine quilting-challenged.  I can just sew as I go and end up with a soft, fluffy finished quilt - no top quilting necessary. Babies seem to be fascinated with the texture of these quilts and, happily, they get fluffier the more they are washed. (Both the babies and the quilts.😄)



I bought these adorable bright cotton charm squares in a kit at my fabric store a while ago and decided they would make a perfect quilt for my friend and her little baby girl.  I linked directions for this quilt in an earlier post here.


I used premium quilting cotton for the bottom and top layers on my blocks and white cotton flannel for the batting.  This produces beautiful fraying on the finished quilt. These vibrant colors and dainty prints are delightfully girly and  the juvenile patterns are adorable.


The quilt is reversible because the back is just as pretty as the front! 



I almost always make matching cards for my gifts, just because I can...and it's loads of fun trying to match colors and designs.   The card base was made from the Sizzix Framelets Die Set - Friends Forever Step Ups.



The cute onsies were die cut with the Sizzix Triplets "Oh, Baby" die set. I've made several of these cards for friends because it's easy to adapt the onsies for a boy or girl just by changing the colors.  It would be fun to match the print on them to one of the fabrics in the quilt. I'll try that next time!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. My heart be still, Nancy...this is going to make that Mommy CRY!! (I know I would) What a precious gift and hand-made labor of love. It will be cherished for many years to come, I'm sure. WOW!

    I also wanted to mention that, not only does Really Reasonable Ribbon carry 43 beautiful colors of Seam Binding, but they are only $1.50 for 5 yards!!! It's really nice, too, because it's straight so that you can use it flat, or you can "crinkle" and stain it - use it either way. I absolutely LOVE it, and have several of the lovely colors. I use it all the time. You really will LOVE RRR.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always so nice to hear from new blog friends, and I hope you will visit again soon, not to mention playing along at Word Art Wednesday (which I really hope you will do also).

    Have a blessed week,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete