Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Stamping Bella Birthday - Shaker Card Drama


                                        

The minute I saw this cute happy birthday die I knew it would make the perfect shaker card for my friend's birthday. For this card I colored my Stamping Bella image with copics, die cut my Spellbinders border and created my shaker card element...easy peasy.  But it didn't start out that way....


This was my first attempt.   How hard could it be? I've made shaker cards before. I had already water colored the peonies from Altenew's Peony Bouquet stamp set and they were the perfect colors for the Splitcoaststampers Tuesday color challenge.   I often struggle with layouts, but usually things fall together in the end. In this case, I think my  peonies just didn't want to live on this card.  Those gray looking elements are actually silver and I don't hate them.  The most frustrating part of this card was the shaker doohickey!  Apparently I'm not patient enough to let glue dry and my sequins like swimming in it.  I was glad when this card was finally finished and, happily, when I woke up this morning I was ready to give it another try.  My husband likes this one best.  I like the Stamping Bella one way better. What do you think?

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
   
         Word Art Wednesday
         Glitter and Sparkle
         Addicted to Stamps
         Crafty Creations
         The Paper Shelter
         The Crafty Addicts

10 comments:

  1. Love these fun and colorful shaker cards - they are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Nancy..these shaker cards are absolutely lovely. I can't thank you enough for taking time to stop by and link up with us. Have a blessed week, and please join us again when you can.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are both lovely but I agree with your husband the flowers really stand out. Two beautiful cards.
    Thanks for joining us over at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
    Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Nancy! Really love the shaker window on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving this creation, great idea to use the dew drops inside of the shaker! Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Shelter Tie a Bow challenge this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabby looking cards. Love the look of them both! Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nancy!
    You made lovely cards. Love your coloring.
    Thank you very much for joining our fun tie a bow challenge over at The Paper Shelter.

    Hugs, Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! Thank you for blessing us with your entry to the WORD ART WEDNESDAY challenge. Please join us to a new challenge starting 6/21/17. Leaving you the encouragement found in Psalms 16:8 (NIV) which says: "I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely shaker cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Good :)

    ReplyDelete