Saturday, June 30, 2018

Masculine Card for My Guy - Lori Whitlock Work Bench Pop Up Card

👉  A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in the machine shop.  Robert Hughes 




Hello everyone, 

I did it!  I actually made a masculine card with no bling, bows or lacy frames and my head didn't explode! And just in the nick of time for our late Father's Day celebration this weekend.  For years I took a class at The Stamp Art Shoppe near where I live and created all the guy cards I needed for a year's worth of occasions in one "Masculine Cards" class.  My friend, Susan, was an excellent teacher and knew how to use just the right mix of Tim Holtz paraphernalia to create classy male cards.  Since the shop closed a few years ago, I've been on my own to do the CAS, neutral color, limited embellishment thing...kinda boring for a "bling it up" girl like me. But lately I've been actually having some fun with it.


I found this adorable Lori Whitlock Work Bench Pop Up card in her SVG shop and I love it so much! It's absolutely perfect for my handyman hubby.  I resized it to 5 x 7 in Cricut Design Space and cut it out on my Cricut Explore Air.  The "My Guy" label image I used on the front was in the Cricut Design Space image library.  I cut out a couple of extra tools and enlarged them to make my card front a little spiffier. I originally put some red enamel dots in the corners on the front panel but I removed them because I thought they were too much.  I know, such restraint!  The Father's Day sentiment was easy to find in the image library and I cut it out in the same glossy silver card stock I used on my tools. I think the red octagon looks sort of like a rug...to keep the grease off the garage floor, of course.

These Lori Whitloc SVG pop ups are so easy to assemble and they are such a fun surprise for any type of card  Oh, and I managed to use all neutral DP's...nothing fancy at all.  I think I'm going to get the hang of this guy card thing.  Sometimes simple can be very zen.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully made! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creation! That inside is perfect for any guy :) Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous pop up card, love all the tools on the pegboard!
    Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely FABULOUS masculine card!!! Well done!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine creation!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally masculine. Love it.Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Challenge. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an incredible masculine card! Love it. It's wonderful to see you playing along at QKR Stampede. Good luck and I hope we see you again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete