Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Life is Art - Paula Best Copic Lady

👉 I don't want life to imitate art...I want life to be art.  Carrie Fisher


Paula Best is one of my all time favorite collage artists.  She "zentangled" before doodle art was a thing.  At Stamp Conventions in the late 90's and early 2000's,  I was obsessed with collecting her unique stamps.  I was absolutely thrilled when I actually got to visit with her a couple of times and considered myself a devoted "groupie."  At the time, I didn't know her stamps would become  rare collector items, with some of the larger more detailed ones selling on Ebay and Etsy for almost $50.00 each.  After a quick Google, I was happy to discover she still has her Website, Pink Blackbird, and is continuing to make the world a more colorful place  with her amazing art,  but sadly no stamps anymore...sniff.

This gorgeous stamped lady is probably twenty years old and I have colored her many times in many ways.  Copics love her  because...well, look at all the gorgeous design elements.   I agree completely with the Carrie Fisher quote on her beautiful hat brim...I want life to be art and I believe it is.

I colored my stylish lady on Xpressit copic blending  paper and then fussy cut the image.  I created a lovely halo for her by mounting her with pop dots over a die cut wreath embellished with small paper flowers and a layered vellum die cut butterfly.  The white card front panel is edged with a gold leafing pen and mounted on a purple glitter card stock panel.   This is layered on a top folding 5 x 7 card base.

I love when old treasures keep there vibrancy and charm through the years.  I knew Paula's amazing art would stand the test of time. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:






14 comments:

  1. Mm, I think the bottom row from our challenge? Such a pretty stamp! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink - thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday's Tic-Tac-Tuesday #4 challenge! I agree, with Heather. It looks like you chose the bottom row with sun-circle-diecut. The circle wreath is a clever idea! It grounds the lady so she isn't just floating on a large blank canvas. Thank you so much for sharing her with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula Best.... Her name suits her as she is the best. I have never seen this stamp before and I just love it. Your colors are great and you are so spot on, she was zentangling before it was even a word. She looks great with the wreath. Great card. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful! I am so impressed by your colouring of this. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just lovely--the sentiment around the hat and your coloring are absolutely perfect! thanks for joining us at SOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I have always adored Paula Bests' art and to be honest I don't think I've ever seen this lovely lady. You've colored her just perfectly. I had the honor of meeting Paula years ago as well and while I only have a handful of her stamps, I cherish them. I've taken a cruise around your blog and I am drooling over your amazing art studio - Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining my Summer Lovin' blog challenge and good luck. I do hope to see you again soon with your wonderful creative style :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for playing along this week at International Art & Soul. I sure hope to see you back again very soon!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    International Art & Soul DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very cool image and you've coloured it beautifully!
    Thanks so much for colouring with Edna and the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this: the image, your coloring, that great quote! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunning stamp and wonderful colouring. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with Lemon Shortbread Challenge. Laine - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining in this months 'Totally Girly' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Such a beautiful and fun card! Thanks for sharing with us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and wonderful coloring. I just love the sentiment. Thank you for participate in our ATG challenge over at Aurora Wings. Hugs

    ReplyDelete