Wednesday, February 6, 2019

My Punny Valentines - Lori Whitlock Pop Up Box Cards

I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.
Dr. Seuss 


Do you remember how fun Valentine's Day was when you were a child in elementary school? In the "olden days" we used to decorate shoe boxes with stickers, crate paper and construction paper, and  on Valentine's Day everyone excitedly delivered a personalized card to each student's "mail" box. The small cards usually came in packages from the Drug Store and most of them had pictures with silly  puns on them. Some of them even had conversation hearts attached!  I remember spending the evening before our class Valentine party making sure to address each card with the recipient in mind. What fun it was opening the cards and  reading a message from each classmate...even the boys who at the time, I imagined,  had cooties.

I'm so happy Lori Whitlock has carried on the "punny" tradition with her Pop Up Box Card Valentine SVG's. I usually send several Valentines to friends and family because I love telling my favorite people how much I love them and this is the time to shamelessly lay it all out there.  The cute puns on these cards are just silly enough for me to get away with some seriously "mushy" declarations.


My talented crafty girlfriends love to exchange handmade cards for holidays and I always end up with a panoply of gorgeous creations.  When I saw Lori's darling designs, my first thought was to make each one of my friends a different card, but when I realized how many cards I would be making for both friends and family,  I decided to make multiples of three different ones, with a special, more clean and simple one for my sweetie. The others I'll save for next year. I had a blast adding some special personality to them with embellishments and patterned paper. I used the writing feature in Cricut Design Studio to write some personalized messages.  I think Valentines are fast becoming my faves.


I chose this little s'more guy for my hubby because he reminds me of romantic nights around the campfire on our many camping trips.  I left off some of the schmancy embellies to  make it less blingy.   I admit, the pink is a little girly, but it IS Valentine's Day, after all.  Hope you have a happy one!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
     
           Double D Challenge - Hearts
           Ellibelles Crafty Wednesday - February Challenge
           Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Interactive card
           Water Cooler Challenge #207
           Unstampabelles Challenge #86
           Avenue 613 Challenge #218
           Sunday Stamps Challenge #197
           Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #133
         

19 comments:

  1. Double z folds are one of my favorites and these are precious. Love all the animals.Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog, We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... oh yes, I remember those days very well and I agree ... boys had 'cooties' back then ... they've improved over time! LOL
    Your cards are all just ADORABLE! What a fun collection of valentine's! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fold - so much real estate to play with! Very cute flamingo - perfect for our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your cards are gorgeous Nancy! I love the puns and the coordinating characters to go with them. And nothing wrong with girly on hubby's card.
    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! I love these pop up cards! Just adorable! Thank you for joining UnstampaBelles!! Good luck! Dt Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy! Well let me just start with WOWZA! These are the sweetest, cutest, and funniest little Valentine's and I have to say I think that the llama maybe wins my heart the most. I can tell that you've put a lot of your own heart into making these because it shows big time. I too remember the good old days of exchanging Valentine's in school. Sweet memories for sure. Thanks so much for joining my 'I Heart You' blog challenge and good luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love different folds for cards and you did a great job on all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute creations, love the card folds!
    Perfect creations for my "Dies/Punches or Something with Hearts" theme at Ellibelles Crafty Wednesday. Thank you so much for joining in this month!

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic array of cards. Having had a Cricut Maker for Christmas I too am having a fab time with Lori's designs.
    So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. 4 totally adorable cards. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.
    Dawn ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy - your pun Valentine cards bring back memories of those funny cards we used to exchange. The "Deer Friends" card you shared with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges is super sweet! Thank you so much for bringing back those memories and smiles! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection! Love the puns too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us at Unstampabelles for our first challenge in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all simply adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! So pretty and perfectly done. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613. I especially like your really well done construction on these cards and the embossed curls on the Llama! And I like that your critter fits our challenge!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun cards. Bet they were received well. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty set of cards. Love it. hanky you for joining us at Unstampabelles in February. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete