Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Sloth Birthday Card for Josie - Lori Whilock Flip Flap Card

As long as you don't stop, it doesn't matter how slow you go. 


A dear, sweet childhood friend of mine who loved my punny animal valentine cards asked if I would create a birthday card for her granddaughter, Josie, who is having a sloth-themed birthday party next month. I knew I had very limited time because our tax business is at full tilt right now so I was excited when I quickly found this cute sloth svg in Etsy.  Happily, I have always been able to find just the right image there for die cutting or embroidery. Those Etsy artists are amazing!. 
     



























I used this Lori Whitlock Flip Flap card base on my Cricut to make my card. This is one of my favorite folds because there is tons of great real-estate to decorate and the inside looks just as fancy as the outside. The writing feature in Design Space made it simple to personalize my message to little Josie.  I also found the party hat and the tree in Design Space and sized them to fit my card perfectly. Normally a sloth wouldn't be my first choice for a cute animal image, but now I can think of several of ways to use it in the future..."let's hang out", "hang in there", "relax"...you get the picture.

I'm super pleased with the way this card turned out.  I sure hope Josie likes it. Sometimes the best ideas are born of  necessity, love and service.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Scrapbook Stamps Society Challenge #158
        Unstampabelles Challenge #86
        613 Avenue Create Challenge #218
        2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #23
        As You Like It Challenge - Fave Shape or Fold
        Cute Card Thursday #568
        Crafting With Friends Challenge #79


9 comments:

  1. How cute is this. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles for our first challenge in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card Nancy! I do love that card base design. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card design and the cheerful colour palette. Thank you for sharing it with us at Unstampabelles WynnDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is really amazing, Love the cute sloth. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great SVG cut and you have used it brilliantly. Great card, love the greeting inside. Lol. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at 613 Avenue Create this time. Hope to see you again next time too.
    Dawn DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card. I'm sure Josie will love it and perfect for her themed party. Thanks for joining us again at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Josie! Darling card, and such a happy thought across the top of your blog post! Beautifully done, and fantastic fancy fold card design! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy this is so sweet and very beautiful great card
    Thanks for join us at
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete