Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Snow Scene Z-Fold Christmas Card - Dreaming Tree SVG

Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; 
so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.   
Henry David Thoreau

Dreaming Tree Snowed In SVG, Cricut Maker, assorted glitter card stock,
Tombow Mono glue, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, silver glossy card stock

Hey artsy friends,

This year's Christmas card for my beloved paper crafting group started out as a fairly simple z-fold Christmas scene.  Many layers and parts later, I realized it was a little more complicated than I had anticipated.  THIS beautiful Dreaming Tree snow scene caught my eye right away when I saw it assembled on You tube.  I admit, I got a little nervous when I cut out all the pieces but actually, the sponging of the snow was the biggest challenge.  All sorts of nooks and crannies!  I didn't plan to do the sponging in the beginning. . . it's usually not my favorite look,  but I realized my snow needed dimension and depth and I'm happy I acquiesced in the end.  



I downloaded the Dreaming Tree SVG to Cricut Design Space and made the intricate cuts on my Maker in a snap.  I  cut a sturdy plain white card base and layered patterned paper on top for the snowy background.  Most of the other layers are glitter card stock with the exception of the moon, which is glossy silver card stock.  I used two different colors of green for the trees to add some depth.  

I made ten of these. . . yeah, I know. . . pretty ambitious.  But my darling friends are worth it!  I always lose a few pieces somehow, so the tenth card was missing a tree and some clouds.  It was a happy mistake, though.  I'll show you the cute card I made in a future blog.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and enjoy a magical snowy day...in real life or your imagination. (I prefer the latter. 😁)
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Inkspirational Challenge #202

12 comments:

  1. This absolutely gorgeous and well worth the effort of making ten of them. There will definitely be ten excited recipients! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge at A Place To Start! We love your project!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great card, it's full of details, the house, the trees, the snow, fantastic job. Thanks for joining us at the Try it on Tuesday's challenge. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful scene and I think the sponging looks perfect...but I love sponged edges! Good job God made us all individuals...
    Thank you for joining Try it on Tuesday's Christmas is Coming challenge and Happy Christmas to you and to your family.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Nancy, it's a fantastic design and you did well to make 10. Love all the little details you added.Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much more than ‘just a card’, it’s a beautiful and decorative item. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great and I do agree that the inking on the edges of the snow makes a huge difference. Thank you for the link too.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card! Thank you for joining us this week at
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
    www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, spatial work :) Cute colors. Thank you for joining us during the Dream Valley Challenge.
    Hugs, Karolina DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Nancy! You have been chosen as one of our TOP SPROUTS for the month of December. Please stop by A Place To Start https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com and grab your badge. Thanks for supporting our challenge. We look forward to seeing your wonderful work in 2020.

    Hugz and Happy New Year,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shaped card is so fabulous! The scene you created on it is awesome.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our 'Tis the Season challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, thanks for sharing with us at the Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete