Friday, June 12, 2020

Happy Father's Day to My Guy - Mo Manning King For the Day

Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, 
story-tellers, and singers of song.   Pam Brown 

Mo Manning King For The Day digi, Copic markers, Cricut Maker, Cricut
Design Space cutting and writing features, silver leafing pen, designer paper

Hey there,

I must admit, I'm pretty proud of myself for stepping up my card making for my beloved hubby this Father's Day.  Since guy cards aren't my thing, I usually download a fun manly svg file from one of my favorite sites, cut it out on my Cricut, assemble it and present him with a cleverly designed card  of someone else's invention.  This is the second time this year I have spent time coloring and designing a special card made just for him from my own imagination.  I hope I'm not spoiling him, but he deserves the best of my efforts.

I've had this THIS charming Mo Manning digi for years and I'm happy I pulled it out of my files and printed it on Xpressit paper to color with my Copics.  I paper pieced the chair and  shaded it with Copics and I think the texture almost looks real.  The striped and wood grained papers come from the same paper pad. The arch is cut on my Cricut and, after a little tweaking, I was able to create a curved sentiment with the Cricut writing feature to mimic the arch shape. I layered a red panel on a white 6 1/2/ x 6 1/2 card base and added a beige panel edged with a silver leafing pen.  I used dimensional tape to adhere my image and sentiment to my arched panel and added that panel to my base layers.

I had such fun designing and coloring this card!  The guy in the image just happens to be the spitting image of my handsome hubby. Isn't it delightful and gratifying to create something from our heart for someone we adore?

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and celebrate the lovable men in your life.
Nancy


Playing along with:

15 comments:

  1. I love the image and the coloring is fantastic. I do feel that dude in the chair looks a lot like your hubby. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Mo's Digital Pencil and bought this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great card! That chair looks so real, I love how you did it by paper piecing. Your husband will love his card. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nancy, I love that image! Great colouring and shading to bring it to life. It looks very much as if someone is going to have a lazy, relaxed Father's Day (if this card is anything to go by). Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us for the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Father's Day card. I especially love the upholstery on the chair. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous masculine card and image love the paper pieced chair.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just popping back to say-.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is charming and wonderful image for Father's Day.Love your card. Thanks for sharing with us at try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card, I love the design and colouring. Thanks for joining in the creative fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colouring and I love that paper piecing too.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic Fathers day card and a super image. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great image. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Masculine" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your funny creation! Really made me smile.
    Thanks for playing along with us this month.
    Regina DT-Member of Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun and fab image. Great coloring. Awesome masculine make.

    ReplyDelete