Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Laurel Burch Blossoming Woman - Shine

Let nothing dim the light that shines from within.
Maya Angelou

Stampendous stamps, Copic markers, word die (shine), gold metallic card stock,blue glitter card stock,
gold leafing pen, Spellbinders circle frame die, Elizabeth Crafts Beaded Circle die, iridescent gems,
white gel pen, 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 card base

Hey there,

I have loved Laurel Burch's brilliant artwork since I first saw it in the sixties.  I am still heartbroken when I think that she left this world at the young age of 61. Sadly, she was born with a rare bone disease that caused her crippling pain all her life.  Her art was a way for her to find her "happy place" to keep her spirits up.  She created a magical place of  bright colors and designs that drew me in the first time I saw it. Her legacy lives on and her joyful artwork is still popular today.  Happily, Stampendous has created some gorgeous stamps using her signature aratwork and I think I have every one of them.  THIS is one of my favorites because the elements come separately and I can play with the face and flowers to make my own dazzling blossoming woman .  I try to color them with the bright colors Laurel used in her paintings to get her iconic look

I created this card for my beloved sister-in-law who lost her husband and best friend of 54 years recently. He died at the age of 78 from an illness unrelated to covid. He was my husband's brother and a very kind and courageous man who will be greatly missed by his family and friends.  My SIL fought like a warrior to get him released from the hospital amid all the covid restrictions and frenzy.  He was able to say goodbye to his family and die at home surrounded by loving care.  She shines like an angel to me.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be a light in someone's life.
Nancy
Playing along with:

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the bright colors and the image design, pretty lacy doily die cut and bead accents, Thank you for playing along over at Ike's World Challenges, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully bright and cheerful creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Colourful' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so colorful! Absolutely gorgeous coloring.I look forward to seeing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vibrant colors, lovely image and such detail to the coloring, gorgeous, thank you for playing along over at IKE's World Challenges, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card. Are you a follower yet?
    Thank you for joining us at 2Sistersontheblog
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Caroline DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and you've coloured it beautifully. Thank you for joining us in our 'Make It Colourful' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and colourful creation. I am sure you sister-in-law will appreciate it. Thanks for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic image! I was inspired by your description of the artist. Thanks for joining us this month at SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous coloring! So, so pretty!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW ! Such a gorgeous image and fabulously coloured :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is great, love the idea of the circle shaped card and the beautiful art on it! Thanks for sharing in the PaperGirls Circles challenge!

    ReplyDelete