Saturday, July 11, 2020

Ching-Chou Kuit Red Poppy - She is brave

Courage is fear that has said its prayers. 

Anne Lamott

Ching-Chou Kuit Red Poppy digi, Copic markers, Spellbinders frame die,
silver card stock, lavender dp, gems, white gel pen, silver leafing pen, sentiment stamp

Hey there,

When I get a free moment, I love to sit and quietly color an image with no particular purpose in mind, just being in the moment and enjoying the process.  This state of mindful relaxation is not a new concept but has become a big deal these days.  Our crafty secret to tranquility is out! Google says: Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens. We used to call it meditation. Whatever they call it, it's my happy place and my key to sanity.   

When I have several images finished, I spend some time auditioning backgrounds, frames, and embellishments to create my card designs.  I like doing this for several cards at a time because I can move things around and what doesn't work with one image might look fabulous on another.   In the end, I have a panoply of cards in my stash,  just waiting for a sentiment and a recipient.  You'll often see tiny sentiments tucked away in obscure places on my cards because I haven't left space for them in my design. It's always a fun challenge finding places to put them.  

I still create cards for specific recipients and purposes, but it's nice to have a process where I don't have to consider every element from start to finish.  In this case, I had THESE gorgeous images from Ching-Chou Kuit's Fantasy Fairy Set 1 on my desk waiting to be colored and showcased on a card.  Her stunning images gave me many blissful hours in coloring paradise.  

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and maintain some moment-by-moment awareness. 
Nancy 
Playing along with:

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and fabulous colouring
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love your blog post. It really feels like I got to know you. I am also amazed by the card. You are very talented. I like the colors and your technique. Thank you for entering The Crafter's Café's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super pretty,

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly what coloring does for me too. I tend to make cards individually though, I think it is more because I am not very organized in my crafty space and always seem to be winging it lol!
    Your coloring on this lady is gorgeous. The frame you have given her is gorgeous too.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colouring and a beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Createful Heart Design Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fab!
    This has come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!
    Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS> We woulk love to see you enter here also ~ https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.3061700873866199&type=3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a wonderful creation! I love design and image! Your colouring is amazing!

    Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional add texture” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete