Saturday, July 18, 2020

Shellabrate Like a Mermaid - Julie Nutting Sea Sally

Be a mermaid and make waves. 

Julie Nutting mermaid, Cricut Design Space tag card, Cricut seaweed shapes,
shell and writing feature, metallic flower, Close to My Heart Designer Paper,
 white Nuvo Drops for pearl necklace, white gel pen, aqua sequins for fin

Hey there,

Amid all the chaos and confusion around us, my world continues to be a thrilling adventure.  My hubby and I have just returned from St. George, Utah, were we found a beautiful new home!  I couldn't be more excited for the move, but packing up my craft room looms large as  an extremely daunting task.  I'm having some last minute fun creating a few cards to add to my blog que before I have to take a reluctant hiatus from crafting.  I know I'll be frantically unpacking boxes on the other end and arranging things in my shiny new craft room as soon as I get there.  It's #1 on my priority list, ahead of food and sleep.  I'm taking all my same furniture, so my room will look much like the room I have now,  only squeaky clean and organized for about 5 minutes.   I'm trying to keep the end in mind, so I won't get too overwhelmed but it might be too late for that.  I'll post my progress as I go along.

While going through my Julie Nutting paper dolls, I came across this darling Sea Sally in a folder with her fins and top already stamped in patterned paper.  I was elated that I had already stamped her cute face with a Peachy Keen stamp.  Some gorgeous Close to My Heart ocean themed paper, gifted to me by a friend, has been waiting to be used for the background of this tag-shaped card.  To my delight, I had already saved  the tag card base cut file  in Cricut Design Space.   I chose the shell shape from the image library and added the sentiment in a curve with the writing feature.  I easily found some sea weed images,  sized them to fit my tag, cut them on white card stock and  colored them with  Copics to coordinate with the designer paper.

I actually had the pleasure of taking a class from Julie Nutting a few years ago and I could hardly function because I was so awed by her presence.  She's a fabulous teacher and I came away with some fancy new skills for creating paper dolls.  Now I'm excited to  see what other treasures I discover while plunging head-first into my stash.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and plunge head-first into YOUR stash and find some fabulous forgotten treasures.
Nancy
Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love your coloring and the paper choices. So creative.. Congratulations on getting a new house and I don't envy the packing and unpacking. Be safe and hope you stamps enough to keep going on those down times. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new home! Stunning card design!

    We're so glad you could join us & we hope to see you again in the next Papercraft Business Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Papercraft Business

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.

    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty mermaid image! I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring has breathed beautiful life into your mermaid! Sooooo beautiful! Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery! Hope your move goes smoothly!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun mermaid card, so colourful! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Good luck with the move!

    Thank you so much for sharing your work at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!
    Stay crafty!
    HandmadeByTasha DT

    Blog | Instagram | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mermaid, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Colour Crazy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mermaid is very cute! Oh, moving is indeed a task, but as you said, you may discover some forgotten treasures along the way. I hope everything goes very well for you both.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete