Friday, December 18, 2020

Snowman Greetings From Our House to Yours - Lori Whitlock Shutter Card

Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things,
but look at what they can do when they stick together. 


Lori Whitlock svg, designer paper, swirl punch, assorted gens, silver leafing pen,
copics for shading, Cricut Maker, Cricut design space writing feature

Hey there,

Creating cards for my multi-talented card group has always been both a delight and a challenge.  It's so enjoyable making something special for them because I know they'll appreciate my efforts, no matter what I come up with.  But it's also a little daunting designing something special for friends I know are going to fashion their own masterpieces.  This year I have already received Christmas cards from some of my besties and they are nothing less than INCREDIBLE. It seems extra time in the craft room has resulted in some very intricate and elaborate designs.  


While this fairly simple card may not win awards for my most fancy and complex,  I loved creating this Lori Whitlock shutter card because the fold is new to me and it was so easy and fun to create on my Cricut Maker.  I can imagine using this fold for all types of cards and I hope my friends will see the possibilities, also. The sentiment comes from my heart because I'm missing them so much after my recent move.  Although I can't meet with the group as I used to (and they haven't met for months because of covid restrictions) we can still use snail mail to communicate our love and exchange ideas.  I would be lost without my cardmaking buddies and all the blessings they bring! 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something special for a friend to express your love.
Nancy
Playing along with:

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely shutter card. I don't think I have ever made one. This one is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Love your snowman shutter card. This would be a joy to receive in the mail. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters' "Anything Goes Christmas/Winter" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shutter card. LÖove the snowman and the papers you used!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pinky this is AWESOME! What a fun creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I saw this card open on FB - great card, Nancy. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas, Arlene, DT for Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! Thanks for playing along our December challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. this is so cute. Love the fold and the colours. Sweet snowmen, too

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete