Friday, December 4, 2020

White Christmas - La La Land Long Sweater Molli

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
Markus Zusak


 Hey there,

I grew up where white Christmases were anticipated with delight, but living in sunny California for 50 years has made me wimpy about those chilly flakes of fluff.  Sparkling white Christmas  snow is beautiful in my dreams and fun to depict with glitter paper, but I'm not a fan of shoveling it or twirling in my car on icy roads.  I have recently moved from the sunshine state, and while my new home may see an occasional freakish snow flake, I'm thrilled that enormous mounds of snow appear only in my friends' Face Book posts and on my holiday cards. 


I've been wanting to color this darling Long Sweater La La Land Molli with my Copics for a while and when I saw this Lori Whitlock Z-fold svg, I knew Molli needed to frolic on those glittery hills.  I used three different glitter card stocks for both the scene and the snowflakes to create dimension. I cut all the layers on my Cricut Maker and used the writing feature for my sentiment.  My twinkly snowflakes are adorned with clear gem centers.  Z-folds are my favorite to use for all types of scenes because there's so much marvelous real-estate between the folds. 

So many Christmas cards...so little time!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and make some frosty snow angels...or maybe just dream about them. 
Nancy 

Playing along with:

4 comments:

  1. A super card, I love this fold. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful christmas card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Z fold card! What fun! Your image is fab and your coloring even more so. Happy Holidays and thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning and I love how you added texture with your coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and Happy New Year! Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete