Thursday, January 21, 2021

You Make My Heart Smile - Vera Lane Digi

 There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart.    Jane Austen

                 Vera Lane digi, Cricut Design Space frame, bokeh heart digital paper,                 
Copic markers, red enamel dots, gold leafing pen, white felt flower
                  

Hey there,

This little Vera Lane sweetie has been begging for some Copic attention for ages and I think Valentines Day is perfect for her card debut.   One of the things I like most about Vera Lane images is that I can fancy them up a bit while keeping their quirky cuteness. 


This is how my little lady looked before her Copics makeover, and while I think she's super adorable, I knew a touch of eye makeup and lipstick would bring out her lovely Betty Davis eyes.  Then, of course, her dress needed some style to go with her jazzy new look   How fun it is to customize these darling images to make them come alive!

I originally planned to add some doodle flowers and butterflies to the background, but when I saw this cute stylish frame in Cricut Design Space,  I decided on a simpler design.  I sized the frame layers to fit a 6 x 6 card.  My image is off-set to make room for my sentiment, which I printed with the Cricut writing feature. I finished with pretty digital bokeh heart paper in the background. 

Applying makeup to my stamps and digital images is a little more rewarding than applying my own makeup.  You know when you stamp on textured paper and your image doesn't come out clear?  Exactly! 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and customize your artwork to make it your own. 
Nancy 
Playing along with:

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how darling she is!!! So glad you joined our Die Cut Divas' challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look at DS more-that's a way cool frame! And your coloring is stunning! Thanks for joining us a Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Nancy! You did an amazing job on her, those eyes ares gorgeous. Beautiful card layout too and it sets your lady off beautifully.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW this is so cool ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the Creative Craft Cottage Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Thanks so much for linking up to TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous creation, love your bold design. Thank you for joining us this month at IKEsWORLD. Hugs Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete