Thursday, March 25, 2021

Prima Princess Alexis - Bloom With Grace

There is nothing in nature that blooms all year long, so don't expect yourself to do so either. 


Prima Princess Alexis stamp, Copic markers, Anna Griffin background die, Cricut cutting and writing feature, gold leafing pen, white gel pen, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, blue card stock, mini flower die cuts with Nuvo centers

Hey there,

Prima Princess stamped images are an absolute delight to color with  Copic markers!  My stamps  sometimes get lonely hanging out in their stamp storage because it's faster for me to print a digi image precisely sized to fit my card.  THIS large stamp fits a 5 x 7 card perfectly and I think she's  absolutely dazzling.  I was happy for the much-needed practice coloring flowers on this elegant image.  My challenge was to create a subtle background to accentuate her lovely, coquettish pose.

I die cut an Anna Griffin swirly background four times and glued the dies together to create dimension for my background.  With all the fabulous detail in this image, my sentiment was enough to complete my design. I printed and cut the sentiment on a label shape using my Cricut Maker.  I edged it with a gold leafing pen and added a bejeweled punched butterfly.   I embellished the foreground bouquet with a few mini flower die cuts with Nuvo drop centers. One of the large blooms is adhered with mounting tape for dimension.  I added details to the flowers and berries with a white gel pen. 

This card will be sent with love and paper hugs to my friend in California.  Birthday cards are my fave!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and bloom gracefully.
Nancy
Playing along with:
Retro Rubber Challenge #154 (stamp approximately 5 years old)

17 comments:

  1. So beautiful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project, BRILLIANT design.. Thank you so much for entering your gorgeous project into our "Easter/Spring " challenge atThe sisterhood of crafters this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Cheers, aNNie DT Member
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What very pretty image and coloured to perfection, thanks so much for joining my 'Spring Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful coloring Pinky! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! She's an elegant lass! While the flowers are so pretty, it's the way you've coloured her flesh that really struck me. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, the colour....especially her hair, looks stunning.

    Thank you so much for joining us at PASSION FOR MARKERS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Your colouring of this gorgeous image is amazing and I love the swirl you've added behind her - it's just perfect. The blue background really makes her stand out and such a beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Nancy! Beautiful coloring and flowers. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty! So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing colouring, her hair is amazing. I love all the Prima Princesses, but I think this one is my fave. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card Nancy. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. I love the background too. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is gorgeous, Nancy! Your coloring is stunning like always and I love how you have stacked up that background flourish.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful and great coloring. Thank you for playing along at The Unicorn Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Greetings Marga dt

    ReplyDelete